need serieal# info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need serieal# info

I have a Jackson sl2htb soloist and I was wondering where to look to find out where and when the guitar was made any help would be appriciated.....

Well, I guess you could start by telling us the s/n. it should be on the fretboard at the 24th fret. If not (some didn't come with a s/n for one reason or another), it will be harder. Post some pictures.

Comment

Here is the serial number U13944 but also I would like to know the year it was made. I will send pics later. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Based on my list, yours would have been made mid-2004. I don't have a lot of guitars in that range on my list - the closest I have is a SL2H (#U13894) completed on 4/13/04. So that's a pretty safe estimated based on the ones that I do have.

Comment

Hey Johnny, what color is that SL2H ?
          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
            Hey Johnny, what color is that SL2H ?
            U13894 is a graveyard. And hopefully Guitareagle will post some pics of his guitar so we can add those details to our logs.

Comment

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks, Johnny ! And welcome to the board Eagle ! post some pics when you get some time.

Comment

They'll be in the Ebay listing
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oooh, you got a list too, johnny?
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Oooh, you got a list too, johnny?
                      Yep, nothing elaborate though. I started it a couple years ago but haven't had a lot of time to keep up with it. I catch #s, completion dates, specs, and misc notes when I can and add them to my list. Phantom Hawk and I have talked about swapping lists. I'd like to do that soon if PH is still game. I thought you also had a list, Ron.

Comment

Well I can't find it now, heh heh. It was more of a range of numbers for each year after 2001.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for everyones help and thanks to Phantom Hawk for welcomeing me to the forum. I think that is pretty interesting that the guitar was made sometime in 2004 and I bought it (new) in 2008..... Is that unusual? you know for a guitar to be made in 2004 and sold new at a music store in 2008? Was I ripped off? Any way it does not really matter because I love the guitar and it is my dream guitar in fact it looks sorta like one I saw on this forum that was trans blue and everyone that commented on it thought it was an unuasual color...... Mine is the exact same color and as soon as I figure out how to put pics on here you all can see what I am talking about. You will have to forgive my pc iliteracy but I'll figure it out soon hopefully. Thanks again everyone stay tuned for my pics.... I just read where it says I cannot post attachments so how do I put pics on here?

Comment

I'm still game, Johnny, and anybody else who wants to join in. I'm at about 800 numbers right now. Catch up with me when you want and we'll exchange emails so we know where to send 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by guitareagle View Post
                              I think that is pretty interesting that the guitar was made sometime in 2004 and I bought it (new) in 2008..... Is that unusual? you know for a guitar to be made in 2004 and sold new at a music store in 2008? Was I ripped off? ?
                              I bought a 2005 DK1 in 2008. Have you checked to see if there any scratches (especially belt buckle rash on the back)?

Originally posted by guitareagle View Post
                              I just read where it says I cannot post attachments so how do I put pics on here?
                              Go to www.imageshack.us and sign up. When you log in, upload an image from your PC. Click the "share" icon next to the image. Then copy the IMG link and paste it in a reply in this thread.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X