KV2 or RR1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 or RR1?

I cant really try any of those guitars so its just order and hope for the best here in the Philippines. Can you guys tell me, what makes a better lead guitar? The KV2 or The RR1? neck-wise. ive read about their difference with the speed neck on kv and medium jumbo frets etc and soloist neck on rr, but what can really be helpful are feedback on how you felt when playing them both. my fingers are quite short .
    Last edited by leevan_lee; 02-17-2009, 09:29 AM.

I don't think the neck on the RR1 is like a Soloist at all...It's a bit smaller and very comfortable...I have owned several RR's and I don't think you can go wrong with one..They hang in the right place when playing standing up and playing live...I guess my vote would be the RR1, but the KV1 is right behind it. Both are great guitars.
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

If you play lead guitar, you could use 24 frets -> KV2
      RR1 only has 22.
      + RR1 has a thicker neck.

Comment

there both awesome guitars. the RRs in general are lighter, but i dont know how much you like the thicker necks.

Comment

I prefer the neck on a RR1, but if you like thinner, flattened D necks, the KV might be great for you.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

RR1 or KV2- You can't go wrong with either!

Comment

The RR had a slight bit of roundness to the fret board, and is great for bends.

The KV2 has an almost flat fret board with medium frets. (a D shaped neck)

Both are great. Personally the KV2 worked better for my hand,, but you would not be able to complain about either.

Best body shapes too..

Comment

I'd have to go with the KV2. I've had a few RR's and really liked 'em, but not as much as my KV. Neck and body comfort wise, a KV is a better fit for me. But as Brooke said, you can't complain about either.
                I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

i own both, if i had to choose one id take my KV2....but the RR is a close second.

Comment

Originally posted by petez0r View Post
                    i own both, if i had to choose one id take my KV2....but the RR is a close second.
                    would a KV neck suit my shorter fingers better?

Comment

How's the balance of the KV in comparison to the RR when standing?
                      www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                      www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                      www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Wait a minute, then since the KV2 has a thinner neck, does that mean its wider than the RR1s?

Comment

Originally posted by Tho View Post
                          How's the balance of the KV in comparison to the RR when standing?
                          They both balance fine and I use nylon straps.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I find the KV balances better for me and the neck width is the same as an RR. Its only not as thick.
                            I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

They both have wide fretboards, the KV is just a little thinner, but the frets are smaller (i believe the rr has jumbos). as for balancing they are both minty, i personally like the longer lower horn on the KV, it sits better when im standing. they both play really nice, the KV is just a little slicker in all respects, but this is only my opinion, you really have to play them both. if you're ordering online just pick the one that looks better to you. trust me you will be smitten by either pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X