What SL2H is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What SL2H is this?

The guy says its a 1987 SL2H custom made in Ontario, has a schaller floyd in it, its neck through, 24 fret, the truss rod cover has something written on it and 3 knobs with a blade selector?..

"pickups are slightly larger than the usual humbuckers. She has J1500 active pickups, which is a collaboration of EMG and Jackson in the 80's. High Gain and High Output!"

I can see somethings also written on the truss rodcover im jut not sure. what guitar is this? any history you can tell me about it? and how much would she sell for dollars?

i addded a pic of her back the guy sent me

Last edited by leevan_lee; 02-20-2009, 09:03 AM.

I would assume that it's just a regular ole soloist from 87 they didnt start making the SL2H's untill a few years back...

I think the schaller FR's were fairly standard at one time, It's nothing unusual from similar solists i've seen from around that time...

It could be one of the soloist pro's perhaps they all had schaller bridges badged jackson, as for the pickups, jackson did use their own for a fair while...

Ermm as for the truss if it's a usa custom it could just be custom ordered, if it's a pro series soloist it's a bit younger from 91-93/4 some better pictures would shed some more light on things.....
    Last edited by ozzuk1; 02-17-2009, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
      I would assume that it's just a regular ole soloist from 87 they didnt start making the SL2H's untill a few years back...

I think the schaller FR's were fairly standard at one time, It's nothing unusual from similar solists i've seen from around that time...

oh it says "Custom" on the truss cover.
      how much do you think this is worth?
      Last edited by leevan_lee; 02-17-2009, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Depending on the condition of the body, neck, and frets, about $800-$1200.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i was just wondering, arent these rare early jackson custom shop guitars supposed to be worth more than the current 2000 dollar Use selects?

do they play better than the new ones?

Comment

Originally posted by leevan_lee View Post
            "pickups are slightly larger than the usual humbuckers. She has J1500 active pickups, which is a collaboration of EMG and Jackson in the 80's. High Gain and High Output!"
            LOL Jackson never had any collaboration with EMG. EMG pickups are active, Jackson's are not. Jackson made their own passive pickups, and their active electronics (like the J-1500, J-1000 or J-1200) that could go with them or any other passive pickup.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              LOL Jackson never had any collaboration with EMG. EMG pickups are active, Jackson's are not. Jackson made their own passive pickups, and their active electronics (like the J-1500, J-1000 or J-1200) that could go with them or any other passive pickup.
              from what i see, it looks like she has 2 EMGs and a mid boost knob. does that mean both pickups are active? or what? i dont really know nything about active pickups

Comment

i was just wondering, arent these rare early jackson custom shop guitars supposed to be worth more than the current 2000 dollar Use selects?

do they play better than the new ones?
                I never had an older one, but my 2005 Bengal plays great and has great tone.

The one reason I'd like to try an older one if for a non-recessed trem, just to see if I like it. I really like the recessed trem, but I'm just curious how a non-recessed would feel.

You are looking at a 22 year old axe. Make sure there aren't issues before buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  I never had an older one, but my 2005 Bengal plays great and has great tone.

The one reason I'd like to try an older one if for a non-recessed trem, just to see if I like it. I really like the recessed trem, but I'm just curious how a non-recessed would feel.

You are looking at a 22 year old axe. Make sure there aren't issues before buying it.
                  can an originial floyd fit in this one? i dont really know what brdige model the guys brdige is. but he said its a schaller, 1987

Comment

from what i see, it looks like she has 2 EMGs and a mid boost knob. does that mean both pickups are active? or what? i dont really know nything about active pickups
                    If they say EMG, then they're active EMGs that someone probably installed aftermarket. Jackson made their own pickups with covers that may look like EMGs, but they're regular passive pickups with black covers that will say Jackson on them. A lot of people think the Jackson pickups are active or have something to do with EMG, but they're not. The midboost would be active, though, and that's why you'd need a 9v battery for it.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      If they say EMG, then they're active EMGs that someone probably installed aftermarket. Jackson made their own pickups with covers that may look like EMGs, but they're regular passive pickups with black covers that will say Jackson on them. A lot of people think the Jackson pickups are active or have something to do with EMG, but they're not. The midboost would be active, though, and that's why you'd need a 9v battery for it.
                      so, active pickups work with one battery? both humbuckers? can the system be changed to have both passive pickups? what will i have to change if im putting passives in it?

Comment

You will basically need to replace all the electronics going from actives to passives. Actives typically use 25K pots while passives usually use 250K to 500K ohm pots.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

can an originial floyd fit in this one? i dont really know what brdige model the guys brdige is. but he said its a schaller, 1987
                          Schaller IS the company that makes Floyds. No need to swap.

Comment

?

Comment

The Schaller version is fine, no need to swap it for a OFR if there's nothing wrong with it. Schaller is the actual company that made the OFR, in their West German factory, but Schaller just happens to make their own licensed version, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X