Trying to ID This Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to ID This Jackson

i just bought this jackson over Craigslist, Looks like a soloist but does not has the sharfkin inlays i saw i others soloists

it has been made in San Dimas and the Serial # is 1485

any help appreciated

Very odd truss rod cover. Shape on the body is a bit weird for me, too.

Comment

Soloists are always neckthrough. Always. There are no exceptions to that.

Assuming that's the original body, it should be a Dinky Strat - one of the more common models available in the mid-late 80s, though Jackson didn't have a true "production line" at the time. They built mostly Custom Shop orders, but did build models to send to dealers as regular inventory. These models usually had standard features such as rosewood boards, dot inlays, and other "mass appeal" features to get more interest from the in-store crowd.

However, there's just too much "wrong" with that guitar for me. Trussrod covers can be replaced, but that neck pocket fit in the last pic is terrible.
      As well, there's too many people selling fake Jackson logos on Ebay these days. That could very well be a Hondo knockoff for all I know. Not to mention the paintjob.

Take the neck off and see what's written in the pocket and on the heel (if anything).
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Anyone notice the F'd up Floyd route?
        Gibson SG Standard
        Jackson DK2M Dinky
        Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
        Roland Micro Cube
        Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Working...
        X