Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with SL1 paintjob problem? (btw im new)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with SL1 paintjob problem? (btw im new)

since this is my first thread ill get the introductions out of the way lol
    my name is ...well call me Casket. been playing for about 7-8 years now nonstop basically, i think im good, im no steve vai or malmsteen but still.
    i do not own a jackson, used to own a rr3 and sold it but got a 83 randall amp head in exchange so its cool. although i do miss it ...wonder if its missed me

anything else just ask and ill answer.

ANYWAY
    i was looking at an Soloist sl1 and saw it had pictures of a graveyard paintjob (not the skullyard but an actual cemetery) but it had nowhere to purchase that specific paintjob.
    i checked musicians friend, zzounds and a few others and cant find it in that paintjob, ill post the one picture i found of it in a second.

can anyone find it for me for sale? or even pictures right now will suffice since it is fairly expensive.

if this is in the wrong thread or anything,feel free to tell me or moderate or whatnot.

I think that's a discontinued paint job. You will probably have to buy it used somewhere. I'd keep an eye on ebay.

Comment

ok
      youre probly right, a couple years ago they had many many paintjobs that they dont sell now.

Comment

Someone has has one for sale on ebay for a while at like $2500.

Needless to say, it's been on ebay for a long time. I don't know if it still is there. He might have given up.

Comment

Doesn't Guitar asylum buy a few guitars in that finish when they heard the finish was about to be discontinued? Ask them. They might have it.
          '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
          '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
          '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
          '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
          '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
          '13 Gibson M-III
          Taylor 214CE
          Dean 6-string Bass
          Morgan Ukulele

Comment

checked ebay didnt see it
            mightve overlooked it but doubt it

checked guitar asylum and they dont have any soloist in that paintjob

would the custom shop do it for me if i ordered a custom because i have thought about doin that but i have no clue how much they can run (if you know id love to hear estimates)

Comment

im sure they would but as you know custom shop guitars cost $$$$$ so be prepared

Comment

i know im going to be on the street corner for a while but just a generalization would be great, not many jackson dealers around my area so i cant really get a quote :\

that is good that they will do it probably

Comment

Buy a used black SL1 and have Mike Learn paint a cool graphic on it for you. He will do a great job, and it is by far less expensive to send him your guitar than order a custom paint job through Jackson.
                  1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                  Jackson SLATQH
                  Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                  Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                  Jackson DKMGT (project)
                  Kramer Focus 1000
                  Ibanez SDGR Bass
                  Ovation Celebrity
                  Martin Backpacker

Comment

If you do a CS guitar, make it proper custom. In addition to the paintjob, think about pick-ups, binding, inlays and so on. I have a Custom Shop and have another on order.

Alot of people here at the forum says that its no use buying a Custom just for the paintjob, but I have to disagree:
                    If you do make just an SL1 with the discontinued paintjob, you'll also get better wood.

But I would do a real Custom if I were you. It's huge fun!!!
                    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                    '13 Gibson M-III
                    Taylor 214CE
                    Dean 6-string Bass
                    Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Well, if it's the same price for a Custom Shop Soloist with just a discontinued finish as it is for something like maple fretboard, H-S-H, etc etc, then get the extras, but paying $3000+ for what amounts to an SL1 with "just" a different finish and allegedly "better" wood is not something I'd recommend.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

TexasRocks has the right idea. If you've got a hard on for this particular graphic, buy an SL1 thats a bit tatty (thus cheap) and take it to somebody who can paint it for you and clean it up. Like Mike Learn.
                        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
                          Doesn't Guitar asylum buy a few guitars in that finish when they heard the finish was about to be discontinued? Ask them. They might have it.
                          I'm pretty sure that's who I was thinking of listing them on ebay with crazy high prices.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRocks View Post
                            Buy a used black SL1 and have Mike Learn paint a cool graphic on it for you. He will do a great job, and it is by far less expensive to send him your guitar than order a custom paint job through Jackson.
                            and how woulds i go about getting in touch with this guy, dont worry it wont be anytime soon but still.

and if i do go with a custom shop i will make it a custom dont worry, id go all out and make it my own, the only thing the same would be the body and the OFR and thats it lol

Comment

Just need a sharp eye when it comes to ebay. Otherwise, buy a plain SL1 and have someone custom paint it. I'm working on a similar idea as we speak, only it's a WR1.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X