Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with SL1 paintjob problem? (btw im new)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can contact Dan Lawrence since it is his graphic..He started doing them in the early 90's when he was painting at the GMW shop...I had a customer order a Moser with that in 93 in Syracuse NY...He did a lot of Jacksons in the mid to late 90's with them... Dan's website is www.drlgrafx.com

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      I'm pretty sure that's who I was thinking of listing them on ebay with crazy high prices.
      I thought they sold them for $2500. It's a little more than the average SL1, but still...
      '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
      '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
      '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
      '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
      '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
      '13 Gibson M-III
      Taylor 214CE
      Dean 6-string Bass
      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

casket...check your pm's...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

thank you everyone

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRocks View Post
            Buy a used black SL1 and have Mike Learn paint a cool graphic on it for you. He will do a great job, and it is by far less expensive to send him your guitar than order a custom paint job through Jackson.
            Wise words here. I met Mike @ NAMM 2008 and he was a hell of a nice guy and now that I have seen his work up close I am dying to have him paint my SL2H. For the quality of the work he does, his prices are very reasonable.

-Nate
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Maybe this'll help....

There's one at Music-go-round in Alberquerque NM for around 1200 bux....at least it was on the site about an hour ago. Good luck!

Mark
              "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Correction...

may be an SL2??? and the price is 1600 bux....oh well...

Mark
                "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

better than nothing
                  im used to two humbuckers

Comment

Originally posted by Casket View Post
                    and how woulds i go about getting in touch with this guy, dont worry it wont be anytime soon but still.
                    He posts on here. His screen name is Learn Guitars. Send him a PM and I'm sure he can help you out.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

ok
                      thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by MPI View Post
                        You can contact Dan Lawrence since it is his graphic..He started doing them in the early 90's when he was painting at the GMW shop...I had a customer order a Moser with that in 93 in Syracuse NY...He did a lot of Jacksons in the mid to late 90's with them... Dan's website is www.drlgrafx.com
                        I second this. The graveyard graphic is one of Dan's. So if you are thinking about finding a used soloist and having a refin done with this graphic, I would suggest contacting Dan. He's very cool to deal with. Otherwise, keep an eye on Ebay or check other online dealers for used guitars. They tend to pop up every now and then.

Comment

I wouldn't doubt that if you went custom shop with this, Mike Learn or Dan Lawrence would probably by contracted by Jackson anyway.

Comment

Sweet Graphic, THe SL1 sounds like a better way to go also, seeming the price of customs.....
                            Gear

Jackson DXMG
                            Jackson JS30RR
                            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                            Blackstar HT5H
                            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                            Marshall JCM 800 2203
                            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment