New Burnt Cherry Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Burnt Cherry Soloist

I'm new to the forum, just got my first real USA made Jackson. A Burnt Cherry Soloist. UPS delivered it to my office here today, now the clock is crawling. Did get to sneek a peek at it, W O W. It looks so impressive. I had a USA Peavey Wolfgang a few years ago, this Soloist looks to have twice as much attention to detail/quality. I bet I'm gonna be up all night playing this baby. I will post some pics of it later, if you want to see...It didn't have a dated final inspection tag though, I don't know if it is supposed to. Who cares I guess, I just thought all of the USA's had those tags hanging on em. Anyways, just want to share, I'm excited just like you guys were when you got your first USA
    Let go, let Guitar

Congrats.
    The tag may be in the bag of goodies with the warranty card.
    That's where mine was.
    -Rick

Comment

Will need pics of course.
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Congrats!!
        We will waiting for the pix if you can put the guitar down long enough to take a pic.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          Congrats.
          The tag may be in the bag of goodies with the warranty card.
          That's where mine was.
          There was no bag, and the Floyd arm was just loose along with the warr card in the case storage cavity. I got it from Musicians Whorehouse so who knows...some punk might have bought/returned it minus the inspc card. As long as the axe is all good I really dont care. Now, if I could just get home and plug this baby in...I will definately post some pics later, if I can put it down long enough.
          Let go, let Guitar

Comment

Originally posted by JacksoNeal View Post
            I'm new to the forum, just got my first real USA made Jackson. A Burnt Cherry Soloist. UPS delivered it to my office here today, now the clock is crawling. Did get to sneek a peek at it, W O W. It looks so impressive. I had a USA Peavey Wolfgang a few years ago, this Soloist looks to have twice as much attention to detail/quality. I bet I'm gonna be up all night playing this baby. I will post some pics of it later, if you want to see...It didn't have a dated final inspection tag though, I don't know if it is supposed to. Who cares I guess, I just thought all of the USA's had those tags hanging on em. Anyways, just want to share, I'm excited just like you guys were when you got your first USA
            chronicle your serial number!
            198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
            1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
            2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
            2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
            2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
            2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
            2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Well here are a few half ass pics, I'm too busy playing it to make any better pics!! You know the drill, sunlight is the only way to really capture the flame/color. BTW, the S/N is U20609, any idea when made? What an awesome guitar tho, I love it.

Let go, let Guitar

Comment

i love how the headstock is the same as the body (paintwise)

Comment

Nice!
                  Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksoNeal View Post
                    BTW, the S/N is U20609, any idea when made?
                    From my list, it was completed somewhere late February to early March 2008. BTW, nice looking soloist.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                      From my list, it was completed somewhere late February to early March 2008. BTW, nice looking soloist.
                      Thanks for the info. Would have been cool if it had been factory fresh, it's pretty clear it was a return to Musn Frnd before it came my way, but oh well...it seems fine. It does have some fret buzz, especially with the low E/A...I assume that gets into truss rod adjstmnt which kinda freaks me out, especially with such a nice guitar. I'm not quite as tech-ie as some of you are.
                      Let go, let Guitar

Comment

A truss rod adjustment might fix the buzz. If not, shim the nut or raise the trem on the bass side.
                        Worse case, you'll need to have the frets leveled and dressed... not a big deal at all.
                        -Rick

Comment

Beautiful, want one...
                          Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Beautiful looking guitar. Congrats.

Comment

Pretty guitar. Congrats and enjoy it.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X