NGD! 1987 Jackson Spidey Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! 1987 Jackson Spidey Strat

This one went by on the Bay last week, and I noticed the winning bid was on the low side considering how cool it is. On a long shot, I emailed the seller and told him that if the winner got squirrelly about paying, give me a call!

I got the call!

This baby arrived today. I knew there would be major drama around the electronics, so no surprise there. The volume is a bit scratchy, and the mystery switch and tone are disconnected. I haven't snooped inside the cavity yet, but my guess is the switch is factory (coil tap? JEXXXX preamp?), while the tone knob was added. The location of it is a bit odd. The EMG isn't bad, but I already have an EMG strat and am going to rewire it. The condition is pretty good. There are a few dings which were sharpied up, and a rogue drill gouge around the tone knob. The ebony board looks great. Gotta love the matching headstock! Replacement JT6 studs/stringlock nuts/pads/cavity cover are on order from Mr. Budman. There is some medium fret wear. The JT6 looks rough in the pics, but I actually think it will clean up once I get after it with a toothbrush and WD-40. There is a cigarette smoker funk on it, but hopefully that will wash up too.

San Dimas plate on this one, too. (yeah yeah it's an Ontario, I know).

Comment

That looks like a great one. Congrats!
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Congrats!

And that is JE1000 in there IMO. They were common in Strats in that era. If you don't like it, let me know...

Comment

Great score! I was looking at that one on Ebay and was very suprised that the prices stayed so low. IMO one of the coolest Jackson Strats and possible the coolest headstock I've seen on these. Huge congrats!
          My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Fantastic score! Congrats.

Comment

Does this mean your BKGF WR1 is up for grabs?
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

sweeeet! Does that glow in the dark?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice...

I'm finding that with the new EBAY rules, shrill bidding is on the rise. I won 3 guitars because the 'highest' bidder backed down. Now, I no longer go the bidding route against someone. I just put in 1 bid which is the amount I want to pay, no more. If I get it for less, great, otherwise I'm only paying what want.

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com
                  www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Thanks guys! I haven't even finished the other 87 strat project, so this one is going to sit in the closet for a while. Then, I'll crack open that control cavity and see what in sam hill is going on in there. I'd love to find a JEXXXX preamp! I'll probably just find cigarette butts though....

An NO my WR1 is not for sale ya bastid!

Comment

Shit, that's nice bro.
                      Great score!
                      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

I'm pretty sure I can deodorize the guitar, but the case may have to be taken out back and shot...

Comment

Nice score. Congrats.

Comment

Cool fiddle! congrats mate!

Comment

Duuuude! You got it?!?! Congrats.
                              I thought about contacting the seller after the auction, but didn't. I get weary about ebay deals outside of ebay sometimes.
                              Well, congrats again. We want a full report.

Comment

Working...
                              X