No announcement yet.

NGD! 1987 Jackson Spidey Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome score...I threw in a bid on this one on ebay..love it!!!! Enjoy....killer guitar!
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Hehe, yeah that seller was actually a music store in Dayton, Ohio. He hooked me up. The smoke thing probably should have been disclosed, but hey what's a 20-year-old guitar purchase without a little drama?!?

Comment

Maybe the previous owner thought the control cavity was an ashtray and forgot to stub out the cigs. Now you know where "hot-rodding" comes from.
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 03-21-2009, 11:37 AM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

XD @ Wilkinsi

On the other hand that's a nice guitar, did he say why the Previous bidder got shitty/ how much was it?
          Gear

Jackson DXMG
          Jackson JS30RR
          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
          Blackstar HT5H
          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
          Marshall JCM 800 2203
          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

XD?
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

XD basically means LMAO = Laugh My Ass Off
              Gear

Jackson DXMG
              Jackson JS30RR
              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
              Blackstar HT5H
              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
              Marshall JCM 800 2203
              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

just a little Face version off it, try make looking for a face and you'll see.
                Gear

Jackson DXMG
                Jackson JS30RR
                Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                Blackstar HT5H
                Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                Marshall JCM 800 2203
                Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Well I emailed the seller. I can deodorize the guitar I hope, but I'm a little peeved that the case is a total loss. It also has sharpie writing all over it. I've asked for a replacement case, or a partial refund of $50. I think that's a fair request.

Comment

Agreed.
                    Gear

Jackson DXMG
                    Jackson JS30RR
                    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                    Blackstar HT5H
                    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                    Marshall JCM 800 2203
                    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Here's a pic of the dings. He did disclose that there were nicks and dings, but made no mention of the fact that they were sharpied. Ghey.

Here's the case. Conveniently, the side that was NOT vandalized was the one that was photographed. I can deal with a few stickers, but this is just ghey.

Comment

Well the seller basically called me a liar, so I filed a dispute with PayPal, officially asking for $50 to replace the case. Then I escalated it to a claim, and was immediately ruled against (in the time it took to refresh the browser). Then PayPal sent me an email, which indicated:

"Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund."

Now I've filed claims before asking for partial refunds and was never shot down instantly. Something has changed. What the heck, PayPal?

Comment

Very cool. I would replace the trem with one in better shape - you can find them on ebay. Must have been from a salt water state in New England or something - the metal is pretty oxodized.
                          '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
                          '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
                          '98 PRS Custom 22
                          '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Working...
                          X