Ke-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ke-1

What do you guys think of these? Found one for $900, never really lusted after them. White, kahler, single hum.....

Talk to me about them. Besides the kahler, what makes them different from a KE2?

Hah. Just put a hold on it with the guys selling it. Apparently it has NEVER been played, ever. I asked the guy, "What's that on the headstock?" and he said, "Mmarty......Friedman?" and then shared that IT HAD BEEN SIGNED BY MEGADETH but he cleaned it off.

Never played. Guy was holding it for it's autograph value & sold it. Hmm. With case.
    Last edited by Vass; 03-20-2009, 12:28 PM.

900 never played?
    BUY IT, or I will!

Comment

For that price, you can't go wrong - especially if it's mint and unplayed. As for the comparison to the KE2, I thought the KE1 had a smaller body per Marty's request. But I've never seen a KE1 and KE2 side by side for a comparison.

Comment

Body size and neck specs are the same as a KE-2 i believe, its basically a 1 hum kahler version of the KE-2 , there are some out there that have body binding and flat top with no bevels.

Comment

900 for a white one is a steal. There aren't many white ones around...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

There she is

Comment

over 900 posts on this board and you need an advice about this?
              take it!

no serious...aint my shape neither, but it's a great sounding rock guitar.

And you know: bGay prices always high.
              '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Vass, did you buy it? Good for you. I dislike Kahlers and I'da probably bought it for that price.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Awesome! But somebody screwed with it and gave it an extra knob closer to the pickup. The fixed bridge Kahlers are nice.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

FUUUCK!

That's such a good price.
                    Originally posted by horns666
                    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Yeah I haven't pulled the trigger yet..... Nor do I know if I should. Hurricane Wife would be brutal to deal with.

Toe I noticed that knob too and it doesn't fit with the "unplayed' description. Tone I guess. But it does appear to be in good shape, get the performance guarantee & such....

If I don't buy it I'll release it from the hold to someone here, so it's gonna end up w/ a JCF'er one way or the other.

Sorry for being such a ninny about it, but those of you with wives/massive upcoming expenditures understand....

Comment

Vass,

I own 2 Ke-1's, and love them both. Toejam is right it has been modded. I would think 900$ is very reasonable, but at that price I would also think it was either stolen or had some other "problem". Buy it if you can try it out(check for problems). Both of mine were a bit more than that.

if you can't buy it, can you at least provide us here with a detailed report on it's condition?
                        And pass on the vendor info?
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

go for it, i have a white Ke - 1, its a beauty! 900 bucks is a great price, modded or not!! hopefully there are no other issues... nevermind the wife, they don't understand dammit!!!

Comment

Yea it has been modded which would make me wonder why he is selling such a "mint" guitar for a great price like that, also he said it hasn't been played but he put an EMG in it and drilled a second hole for most likely a tone knob, i would just ask a couple of questions .... then buy it

Comment

Jay check your inbox...sent you another PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X