Need input for SL2h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need input for SL2h

Hey guys, so ive been really looking into getting an SL2h, however im stuck having a hard time deciding which color i want to get. Ive played a black one, its gorgeous, however I have not been able to find any good pictures/ views of a transparent blue. Im debating mostly between the metallic black, trans blue, and trans green. Does anyone have any pictures that may help? Any input?

Here's a picture of my Trans Blue SL2H in direct sunlight. Hope this helps.

Comment

Here's some other shots I took.

Comment

Beautiful guitar and a beautiful day! I really must visit Colorado one of these days.
        Scott

Comment

Fuck that. Get a copperhead one. Just my 2p (cuz I'm a Brit )
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Awesome, thank you. I have to say, im very very impressed with the trans blue finish. It was hard to make a call because the online pictures are often over exposed, or too dark. I think i might be ordering a trans blue. thanks for the input!

Comment

Nice that trans blue is one of the best on this website I reckon for the sl2h
              Gear

Jackson DXMG
              Jackson JS30RR
              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
              Blackstar HT5H
              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
              Marshall JCM 800 2203
              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Yep that is a great lookin' trans blue sl2h indeed!

For ndk3k though, there are a few things that you may want to think about before you order, though you may have already thought of some if not all of these already. First the price difference between the metallic black and a trans color. The 2009 pricelist gives a 2599.99 MSRP for the metallic black and 2749.99 MSRP for trans blue or green. In the real price of the guitar, this will probably only be around 100 bucks, but it is still something to think about. Also, you may have to wait a few months to get a trans blue, while the black one, if you can get it locally, you could get right away. It took roughly 4 months to get my SL2H trans black from the time I ordered it, just to give you a rough idea. Anyways, no matter which one you get, you will surely enjoy it. They are great guitars! Welcome to the forum btw

- Matt
                My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

I've always had the hots for trans blue. Thats the color I'm going after next.
                  I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Good timing on your post. I'm in about the same boat as you, looking for an SL2H. I have always loved black guitars. I have a Charvel Model 3M and a Custom Les Paul, both black. I've been looking at SL2H's and thought I was going to go with black again. After seeing an agent orange one in a shop, I've started to second guess my thinking. Maybe I need to step outside of the box a little this time. That transparent blue one posted is a gorgeous guitar. To be honest, the transparent finishes aren't my style, though. I'd try to check out the colors in person even if they are on other models. A buddy of mine just ordered a similar transparent blue finish on a PRS. It showed up and looks green.
                    Probably not much help, but just my 2 cents.

Comment

Here's my Trans Blue RR1T in case you want to see how the flame will be different. Also, the flame laminate on these is far thinner than I thought it would be. The guitar still sounds great though.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Killer rhoads! Love the trans blue. Totally classy!

Comment

Here is my Trans Blue SL2H inside shot

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            Here's my Trans Blue RR1T in case you want to see how the flame will be different. Also, the flame laminate on these is far thinner than I thought it would be. The guitar still sounds great though.

The flame pattern is quite a bit different on SL2H. The SL2H is a little more like a Les Paul flame

Comment

Working...
                            X