my new KV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new KV2

Hey guys, just got my new KV2. Ordered it in October. It's so beyond awesome, compared to my KV1 it actually seems to have more sustain , even though it has a floyd rose and 9-42 strings (compared to 10-46 and a kahler fixed bridge).

Now I realize how awesome USA Jacksons are. I got the KV1 used with a decent setup, but took it in to get it set up really good and they screwed it all up. I took it back and they fixed it a little bit, but it still plays like crap compared to this, and I don't even like 9's...

There's just one problem. There's a little screw up with the wiring. The bridge pickup won't work unless the neck pickup volume is on. I have no idea what this means, but it's weird. its like the pots bleed into each other. I can deal with this for now, but it's slightly disappointing when you're paying this much and waiting 6 months.

I know you probably all want me to shut up and show some more pics, so here ya go

That's a sweet axe you have there....... *Holds in Jealousy*
    Gear

Jackson DXMG
    Jackson JS30RR
    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
    Blackstar HT5H
    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
    Marshall JCM 800 2203
    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Awesome guitar, man. The white looks really classy, I think. I just got a purple one about a month ago and I'm just loving it. I find the KV2 a little bit heavier than my KV1, as well.

I'd take the guitar back to the store to get the wiring straightned out. That aughta be a warrenty thing, so it'd be free. BTW, can I ask what the serial number and inspection date is for the records ?
      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Its Robert Plant playing a Jackson!
        Just out of curiousity, does it do the same thing if you play just the neck pickup? You might want to peek inside and see if a stray wire or solder is touching somewhere it shouldn't. Otherwise, probably a bad volume pot is my guess which is a simple fix. Nice KV2 btw!
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

na, the PUs are wired parallel. KV1 they are wired serial.

So, Floyd kicks Kahler...he?
          Back to "Kahler the tone sucking bitch" topic.
          Last edited by Evil Homer; 03-23-2009, 06:53 AM.
          '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
            There's just one problem. There's a little screw up with the wiring. The bridge pickup won't work unless the neck pickup volume is on. I have no idea what this means, but it's weird. its like the pots bleed into each other. I can deal with this for now, but it's slightly disappointing when you're paying this much and waiting 6 months.
            Are you sure you're using the right one? I think the knob closest to the bridge is for bridge volume and the one further away is neck volume, like the reverse of what they should be, but most people use the bridge pickup more and like that volume control closer. When the switch is in the middle position, you may get some bleed through.
            Very nice guitar. Love the color!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice axe man, congrats!

Comment

What color is it?

Comment

White..... can't you see boy? :P
                  Gear

Jackson DXMG
                  Jackson JS30RR
                  Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                  Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                  Blackstar HT5H
                  Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                  Marshall JCM 800 2203
                  Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Teach that baby to throw up the horns when you're playing that thing!
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      Teach that baby to throw up the horns when you're playing that thing!
                      Fine guitar. Have fun with it.

Damn, you're right that is a babys arm! I thought that was Tommy Lee!

BTW I thought that Tommy Lee Story was one of the funniest Ozzy quotes ever.
                      Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Sweet KV2! White is so classy.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                          Awesome guitar, man. The white looks really classy, I think. I just got a purple one about a month ago and I'm just loving it. I find the KV2 a little bit heavier than my KV1, as well.

I'd take the guitar back to the store to get the wiring straightned out. That aughta be a warrenty thing, so it'd be free. BTW, can I ask what the serial number and inspection date is for the records ?
                          yours is that pavo purple one? its sexy man. actually the wiring isn't messed up at all, just backwards from what i'm used to. the bridge pickup is the volume knob furthest away, and the neck volume is the closest knob. thats why I thought it was messed up. On my KV1 they are opposite of that, and I like it way better. Easy to change though.

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
                          na, the PUs are wired parallel. KV1 they are wired serial.

So, Floyd kicks Kahler...he?
                          Back to "Kahler the tone sucking bitch" topic.
                          actually kinda yeah. it's hard to tell. these are brand new strings and the KV1's strings are kinda moldy. but the action is higher which usually means better tone. they'd both have to have freshies to do a tone test.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Are you sure you're using the right one? I think the knob closest to the bridge is for bridge volume and the one further away is neck volume, like the reverse of what they should be, but most people use the bridge pickup more and like that volume control closer. When the switch is in the middle position, you may get some bleed through.
                          Very nice guitar. Love the color!
                          yeah, i messed up as i explained above.. *embarassed*

Hey the floyd stays in tune very well. After about an hour of wailing on the whammy constantly, it was out of tune, but not very much and im assuming its cause the strings are new?

thanks for the compliments everyone, id like to see all your guitars too, if you wanna post links to them
                          Last edited by Grahf; 03-24-2009, 07:03 AM.

Comment

When strings are new, they'll go out of tune a little. You should stretch them well before locking down the nut. Just put them on, tune up to pitch, bend them and pull them off the board so they go out of tune, retune, rebend/restrech until they stay in tune, then lock down the nut.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats an awsome guitar! congrats, get some photos of the KV1 up if you have a chance, that would be great,

You should get the KV1 into a store that can do a Profesional setup, Then it will kick ass.
                              Last edited by ze29de; 03-25-2009, 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Working...
                              X