UPS Destroyed My Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS Destroyed My Rhoads

I purchased a RR1T back in February a real beauty Snow White w\Black Bevels. I waited Just about 8 weeks and was informed by Guitar Asylum that they had reeived my piece last Friday and that they were going to unpack it, inspect it and get it ready for delivery to me. This is my first Jackson so I was pretty excited about getting my hands on this baby. Well, Saturday I get a call from the dealer informing me that the head was snapped off and it appeared that UPS had skewered the guitar with a forklift...how the H*LL do you skewer a guitar with a forklift...so needless to say I am still waiting to hear from Guitar Asylum what is going to happen...He seems to think that Jackson will try and rush me a replacement, but I am not so sure at this point. Has anyone ever had a similar experience ? Maybe some insights into how I should handle the situation. I have this feeling I will be waiting a while until I see my guitar...

Thanks
    http://www.rockhoundtampabay.com

Sorry to hear that, bro. Hopefully you get a quick replacement.

Comment

Unless Jackson has one on the truck to them today, and you can get that confirmed, find one in stock somewhere else and have GA give you a full refund (no "restocking fee" or other bullshit - either get a 100% refund or file a chargeback with the CC company), or wait on a "rushed" guitar.

They'll most-likely say they don't have a definitive date when the replacement will arrive, which is usually true. Being built in batches, they're usually sold before they're even built, so you might be waiting quite a while for the best-selling model since the Fender Strat.

Given that, you paid for a guitar, not to be put on a waiting list.

However, if you got the refund and shopped elsewhere, there's no guarantee the same thing won't happen again, no matter what carrier is used.

It's possible to skewer the guitar in the box with a forklift. Forklifts have shit for visibility where it counts - what you're about to skewer. Could be it was on a pallet with other items and when they were loading it onto a truck, the driver couldn't see the forks were too high or too low (if the pallets were double stacked, as is common) and latered your guitar.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That sucks man

Comment

This proves my point, UPS IS BRUTAL!!
          2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
          2007 DK2m White Bengal
          88 Jackson limited edition
          Charvel Preditor
          PS-3T Rhoads Performer
          Jackson DX10D
          3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
          4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
          Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
          Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

Originally posted by Slik_Karl View Post
            This proves my point, UPS IS BRUTAL!!
            When it positively, absolutely needs to get there use Fedex Ground.

* - Also sorry to hear about your guitar bro!
            Last edited by Jayster; 03-25-2009, 11:09 AM.
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear that man!

What's certainly true in this sad story is though that you should not be penalized in any way for what happened.
              What I would do is simply demand a full refund from GA, let them deal with the insurance claim, and buy another RR.
              If you can, go and pick it up yourself, otherwise buy it again sight unseen, but first get your money back.

Comment

Oh does that suck. I really feel your pain though.

I got out of guitars for a long time, and hadn't bought a new axe in 15 plus years. So I pick up the hobby again and decide to celebrate. How about a 50th commemorative flying V? I figured rather fitting since I owned 4 V types and not one of them was a Gibson. Well, it arrives with a gouged case, glue resin all over the neck and a nasty ding and scuff on the prong. Not UPS' fault though. I demand a full refund, and fortunately the manager was a standup guy unlike that fucktard salesman who was either too incompetant to inspect a guitar properly or outright lied to me.

Next was the Epiphone Goth V. They float around all over the place in the $200 range. I find one on ebay that was utterly spotless. I pay the $300 premium for the condition and the stupid bitch puts the guitar... get ready for it... diagonally in a box that was 2/3 the size of the actual guitar. I mean, if this thing wasn't wedged in diagonally, the thing would have ripped through each side and jutted out 3+ inches. Sure enough the prong was smashed to hell thanks to this idiocy.

I never had such a high dollar disappointment as yours, but I know the agony of getting all worked up for a giant let down and the long anti-climactic aftermath. Good luck with the recovery.
                '02 Jackson KV2
                '92 Jackson Rhoads PCS
                '92 Jackson Rhoads Tribute

Comment

Sorry to hear, must be incredibly disappointing to have it almost in your hands and then this shit happens.

At least GA inspected it before passing it on to you, saving you some additional hassle.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by chef_jackson View Post
                    I purchased a RR1T back in February a real beauty Snow White w\Black Bevels. I waited Just about 8 weeks and was informed by Guitar Asylum that they had reeived my piece last Friday and that they were going to unpack it, inspect it and get it ready for delivery to me. This is my first Jackson so I was pretty excited about getting my hands on this baby. Well, Saturday I get a call from the dealer informing me that the head was snapped off and it appeared that UPS had skewered the guitar with a forklift...how the H*LL do you skewer a guitar with a forklift...so needless to say I am still waiting to hear from Guitar Asylum what is going to happen...He seems to think that Jackson will try and rush me a replacement, but I am not so sure at this point. Has anyone ever had a similar experience ? Maybe some insights into how I should handle the situation. I have this feeling I will be waiting a while until I see my guitar...

Thanks
                    UPS is terrible. I have no idea why these stores don't just use fedex. Every time UPS has delivered a guitar to me, the HSC has been cracked or totally shattered in area's.

They never come when you are home, and their depot's are always on the outskirts of town.

Comment

For a second there, I thought you were gonna post pics
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Just playing:ROTF: good luck getting a refund of new guitar.

Comment

sucks

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments...I got an update they have one in the factory just as I ordered it, the only snag is some "ARTIST" is supposed to be coming in to pick out 2 guitars and the one they should be overnighting me this frickin minute is one of the ones he will be looking at...if he doesn't select it I get it, if he does I play the waiting game again.
                            http://www.rockhoundtampabay.com

Comment

Originally posted by chef_jackson View Post
                              Thanks everyone for the comments...I got an update they have one in the factory just as I ordered it, the only snag is some "ARTIST" is supposed to be coming in to pick out 2 guitars and the one they should be overnighting me this frickin minute is one of the ones he will be looking at...if he doesn't select it I get it, if he does I play the waiting game again.

Screw the artist! Your a paying customer! That burns me up!!
                              2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
                              2007 DK2m White Bengal
                              88 Jackson limited edition
                              Charvel Preditor
                              PS-3T Rhoads Performer
                              Jackson DX10D
                              3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
                              4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
                              Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
                              Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

Working...