KV1 Bridge bezel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV1 Bridge bezel

To remove it or not? The Kahler sits on top of what looks like a tone killing bezel.

Should I pull it off and attach the bridge right to the body?

Has anyone done this?

I'm just noticing that this thing is really lacking tone on the high notes in comparison to my KE1T that I'm selling.

It's driving me crazy..

-B

I've heard of those. My 7330 fixed bridge didn't come with one. I assume it's to protect the body? Seems like a dumb idea that can only negatively affect the coupling between the bridge and the body. Take it out.

Comment

If the mod can be reversed, then why not try it?
      '02 Jackson KV2
      '92 Jackson Rhoads PCS
      '92 Jackson Rhoads Tribute

Comment

i doubt it's really sucking any tone.. i know dave says its a tone sucker but he talks shit about all the guitars he doesn't use anymore. his tone sounded fine to me on countdown to extinction :P

it could just be the intonation? string gauge\brand\freshness?

dave himself even told me not to get a jackson once because his new sigs are better.. but i did it anyway

Comment

Well, Dave's tone did suck live, soooooo....
          Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
          Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
            Well, Dave's tone did suck live, soooooo....
            psh, when? youthanasia tour he had incredible tone, i know that. the sound of his guitar on a proshot bootleg from 94 i have was one of the things that inspired me in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
              i doubt it's really sucking any tone.. i know dave says its a tone sucker but he talks shit about all the guitars he doesn't use anymore. his tone sounded fine to me on countdown to extinction :P

it could just be the intonation? string gauge\brand\freshness?

dave himself even told me not to get a jackson once because his new sigs are better.. but i did it anyway
              I don't think that Dave's KV1 had a bezel under the bridge.

Mine does (My KV1),, My KV Pro didn't.

It's funny that dave says to buy one of his new guitars since they are designed to be exactly the same as his KV1. Is the same guitar, just with lesser quality materials, and made in Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                I've heard of those. My 7330 fixed bridge didn't come with one. I assume it's to protect the body? Seems like a dumb idea that can only negatively affect the coupling between the bridge and the body. Take it out.

I actually purchased a 7330 from Wamiworld, and I'm going to install it. The APM 3310 onm this KV1 is really worn, and basically has no paint left on it. The intonation screw has need drilled out on the Low E side, and the sadles don't look like they are brass, but look just like plain steel.

I'm going to remove the bezel.. wish me luck, I'll install the 7330 (Black), and post pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
                  psh, when? youthanasia tour he had incredible tone, i know that. the sound of his guitar on a proshot bootleg from 94 i have was one of the things that inspired me in the first place
                  PM sent to you sir, check you inbox.

Comment

Hopefully it'll do fine without the bezel. If not, I'd think Dave could make you a replacement out of brass. That might unsuck the tone
                    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Good luck!
                      I was wondering about the same thing since I have a KV1 and Pro.
                      So I'm lookin forward to your report

Comment

My Gibson flying V has a spacer,it is mage out of 2 pieces of plastic I am either going to make a new one with brass or hard wood
                        Without it ,the saddles would have to be angled up too steeply, I don't know if the adjustment screws would even allow that much heigth
                        I'm sure it isn't helping the sustain any LOL!

Comment

Most of the time those bezels are put there if the neck angle is too steep and the bridge/saddles can't get the proper height. You could try removing it and adjusting the height of the saddles and see if it clears.

My 93 KV needs to the bezel. The height of the saddles is already close to maxed out with the bezel underneath. Though, I don't think it's making too big of a difference in the tone. It's sustains fine and has a nice tone. Actually sounds better than my Y2KV to me, oddly enough.

Comment

have you had any luck with the 7330 ?

Comment

I actually had an issue with the 7330 saddles not reaching up high enough on my KV, which has one hell of a neck angle to it. I figured out what the thread number was on those height screws, and bought longer replacements. Worked great! That's a better solution than that rubber grommet thingie, methinks.

Comment

Working...
                              X