Custom KV2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom KV2T

Where do/did you buy your Jackson guitars from? As in from the authorized dealers right?
    The dealers explain that if you buy from their shop then you get some sort of discount.

But what about the custom ordered Jackson guitars?
    Jackson's site says that "fill up the custom spec form and take it to your nearest dealer".
    I mean that's what i am supposed to do if I want a custom Jackson right?

Now a very important question.

First of all let me be clear, i dont mean to offend:
    1. Jackson guitars
    2. Staff working for jackson guitars
    3. Members of this board
    4. Jackson players

My query:
    Lets consider a stock/factory model Jackson and a custom ordered jackson guitar, both having the same specs.
    Will both have the same quality of performance? As in one would not be superior than the other, right?

Actually I wish to modify the KV2T.
    I just want the KV2T to have Chrome hardware on the standard Black finish (NOT THE TRANS BLACK).
    And I want the fretboard to have NO inlays, only side dots.

That's it. Other than these two factors, everything remains the same.
    Every other feature of the custom guitar remains the same as the old KV2T.

Now, will this slightest customization result in massive changes in terms of the TONAL properties
    of the Custom KV2T, if compared with the Standard KV2T?
    Because ultimately its the tone which matters above all.
    I chose Jackson over a lot of other guitars.
    After hearing like more than tens of dozens of different guitars, with different amps, different pickups,
    I came to a conclusion for a combination of Jackson guitars, Seymour duncan Blackouts, Marshall/Mesa Boogie Amps, Boss GT10 multi effect processor.
    And I also prefer the tone from a Mahogany bodied guitar.
    By the way, I love V shaped axes -Hence amongst Jackson's RR, Kelly, KV, Warrior, Dinky - I chose KV.
    And I prefer Tune O Matic bridges, rather than the Floyd Rose/Kahler tremolo. Thus the KV2T seemed to be my dream guitar!

Now back to the custom KV2T. Here's my next million dollar question:
    How much will it cost with my simple specifications?

A dealer of Jackson guitars says that the factory model KV2T costs some $2,000.

My querry -Would this custom KV2T cost way above $2,000? Any approximation?

Thanks in advance. Any help will be appreciated.
    (Yeah i know, I blabbered too much and sounded pretty stupid at the same time. Can't help it mate) ;D

Welcome to the forum!

No, no upcharges that I can see, not with those mods anyway. As for performance? No, same qc and build. Jackson's a wise choice for a custom build.

As for price? Click the banner at the top, or visit the sponsors page, that would be your best bet and cheapest deal.

Good luck!
    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

the hardware you can do yourself once you get the guitar.if you change the inlays it becomes a custom shop piece and you spend a lot more for a simple change. a lot more .sounds crazy to me .

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
        the hardware you can do yourself once you get the guitar.if you change the inlays it becomes a custom shop piece and you spend a lot more for a simple change. a lot more .sounds crazy to me .
        Seriously? Upcharge for dots? Been several years since I ordered one, but that sucks and you're right, sounds nuts!
        Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post
          Seriously? Upcharge for dots? Been several years since I ordered one, but that sucks and you're right, sounds nuts!
          Its always been like this with Jackson. Only until recently they allow you to change the color of the hardware without a upcharge but anything else its a custom.

Comment

Ifyou buy a custom, it Will be better. The wood on my custom is UNBELIVABLE!! If you use the same specs, you'll get a better guitar, I'm sure. The Customs I've tried have all been fab.
            '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
            '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
            '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
            '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
            '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            '13 Gibson M-III
            Taylor 214CE
            Dean 6-string Bass
            Morgan Ukulele

Comment

i can change the hardware myself?

as in i can buy the standard kv2t and replace the BLACK tune o matic bridge with a silver/CHROME one and those pickup plates?

Wat about the inlays? i want to have NO inlays at all. PLAIN BLACK EBONY FRETBOARD? i dont think i can do it myself because it is a Neck through guitar...

and thanks for all those replies..it really helped me to make a firm decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post
                No, there's no upcharge for dots on a CS order. However, changing from the std KV2T inlays would mean going to the Custom Shop. And that's a chunk of extra money to get a std guitar only without inlays...
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                X