Jackson San Dimas # 2230 ID HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson San Dimas # 2230 ID HELP!!!

Hi! I have an American Jackson (identical with a charvel model4 with 1 hb and 2 sc) Red with 1 vol and three switches. No sharkfins. It use to be a JT-6 when it was new, but i change to a original floyd.
    This guitar is bought new i USA around 86-87

The neckplate says Jackson San Dimas and the serial is 2230 (the last digit is another one. I dont want anybody to make a fake plate on this guitar

When i checked on jacksons site, I only se the charvels with this serial

I had a 1984 USA Dinky Jackson years ago very identical to this but i dont remember the serial.

Can anyone tell me what year this guitar was built, and also tell me if it´s a San Dimas or Ontario crafted guitar.

If it´s Ontariobuilt, is it much less worth than a san dimas?

And finally, what is a guitar like this worth? On ebay they have fantasy prices and says all with san dimas plates are "real" san dimas.

Best regards
    Tommy

JT-6 would indicate it's a 1987. If so it should have R Jackson logo instead of TM? Also oversized pickup ring? And Jackson logo on tuners and the tuners are SG381 instead of SG36.

I'd say 500-800 usd these days. They are much better guitars than what their market value is though. I bought an 87 Strat recently and it's just as good as any of the prepro or serialized SD Charvels I've ever owned.
    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

5-digit USA Jackson plates were usually found on the Limited 88s, IIRC. I'm sure they can be found on others as well.

#1505 was the last Jackson bolt-on made in the San Dimas facility. #1506 was made by the same people that made #1505 in Ontario, about 10 miles East of San Dimas.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X