Randy Rhoads RR @ Hard Rock In Philly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Rhoads RR @ Hard Rock In Philly

This weekend I went to Philly w/ my girl to check it out for the day day and do some sight seeing. After walking up Market Street w/ all our overnight stuff and things we bought. When I say the hard rock I said "do you want to check it out? She said no but then I said I had to use the bathroom Anyhow I used the bathroom and she got a beer. I noticed right above the hostess podium a Flight case w/ Randy Rhoads caught my eye. As I looked up further there was this RR. I wasn't able to get a pic, but I found this info on the Hard Rock Philly site. Is this actually one of his guitars? I thought his family had possession of his guitars.

Dunno if it's actually Randy's, but it looks like one of the earlier ones, anyway. Like for instance, the headstock looks quite different for one, and it may be my mind playing tricks, but the body seems to be different. Again, could be me.
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

its NOT randy's

Comment

IIRC, the one hanging in Philly is not the one in the pic, anyway. I believe someone else posted about this a while ago, and it was just a black RR5.

Comment

Interesting, the plaque on the wall by the guitar read that the guitar was sent in to Jackson for repairs and then he had passed. It made it seem like that was his actual guitar. His looks more like the PCS, right?

Comment

At the very least that's either a real thirsty ebony board or rosewood.

Comment

I don't think it's an RR5, looks like a PCS type brass bridge to my eyes.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                I don't think it's an RR5, looks like a PCS type brass bridge to my eyes.
                I think he meant that the one in the HRC is not the one pictured but just an rr5.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                  its NOT randy's
                  there's many differences, but you can at least tell by the logo size and sharkfin size.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Its not a PCS either as because as Sully pointed out the logo should be the old Jackson script type and the sharkies should be small ones. Anyway, its cool to see a Rhoads hanging up there. And yes, Randy's are with his family as far as I know.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Did you see the Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck Rhoads of Dan Spitz (Anthrax) there? I read somewhere it should be there in Phili...? I 'd love to own this guitar...

Comment

Thanks for all the info, I knew I was too good to be the real thing. I couldn't see most of the memorabilia without walking around the restaurant. But you can check the website and see the items they have there.

Comment

the coolest thing IMO is Jimi's SG custom in the Atlantic City hardrock. when i was younger i remember seeing robbin's floyd'd gibby firebird in either SD or LA hardrock. my parents still have the pic of it somewhere in a family photo album....

Comment

+ 1 to what sully said...
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by maggo View Post
                              Did you see the Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck Rhoads of Dan Spitz (Anthrax) there? I read somewhere it should be there in Phili...? I 'd love to own this guitar...

Actually I think Neilli owns that one as well.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X