Choosing a custom graphic finish for a WR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a custom graphic finish for a WR1

It's been a while since I sent my Trans black WR1 away to be re-painted. I came to the conclusion I don't like the TBK, nor the chrome hardware. I came up with a couple ideas, but once the artist saw how little space there is to paint, I kinda forgot about it. At current, the only two ideas I have involve painting over the pickups. I can get pup covers, but am not sure it will look right. I have seen a CS WR1 here with an A-10 Tankbuster aircraft graphic, but I don't wanna steal the owner's idea.

Comments please.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

OK you already have a nebula so you prolly won't care for this idea, but my dream warrior idea (which I thought of a while back) would be to do the milky way from the long back horn, over the pups, and down the front horn.

That would be the mother of all nebula guitars!!

Comment

These were my original choices:

I'm not sure how they'd be adapted to such a small body. If say, I had the exploding planet (first pic) with aftershock rings on the upper rear fin, I'd still need to put something on yje lower front horn.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I wouldn't touch it personaly ,TBK's kick ass

I would put the black harware on and see how you feel about it before doing a refin.

however if you're determined I would go with a warbird theme (like the tankbuster one you mentioned)

Comment

This is what I want re-painting:

I like your idea Axewielder. The graphic would have to be a bit "brighter" in colour tho. I want to emulate an agressive look to complement the body shape.
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-08-2009, 05:39 PM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I like the second pic better. The colors look really good together. You could set the explosion between the pickups and you can extend the blast and couds up the top fin. The saturn lookin' planets are cool. You could add more stars on edges of the clouds, or maybe even put Uranus on there.
            I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

^^^ That does look small!!! Milky way looks good!
              Krank Addict

Comment

Chris, a green (or is it blue?) planet on a red/yellow/pink etc. picture?

How about that wallpaper of 11 Keeley Hazell's? Hmmm..
                Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-08-2009, 05:46 PM.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Simon, I'd rather not think about what color Uranus is.

I think you could make either graphic work, especially if went with EMG's. Try 'em out with the CS generator, see what happens. I don't know how, but there's a way to import graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    .....the only two ideas I have involve painting over the pickups. I can get pup covers, but am not sure it will look right.
                    Just have the pickup bobbins themselves painted. Installing covers and painting them is one option but to some folks (myself included) covers, even plastic ones, don't sound quite the same.

I have seen a CS WR1 here with an A-10 Tankbuster aircraft graphic, but I don't wanna steal the owner's idea.
                    Get a variant done of it. If it's the graphic I'm thinking of (green color scheme), use tan (desert camo) or black/white/gray (urban camo).

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                      Just have the pickup bobbins themselves painted. Installing covers and painting them is one option but to some folks (myself included) covers, even plastic ones, don't sound quite the same.

Get a variant done of it. If it's the graphic I'm thinking of (green color scheme), use tan (desert camo) or black/white/gray (urban camo).
                      Nope, I was looking at the CS Warthog WR1 with shortened fins. Was thinking of using the same idea, but changing the warthog to something else, like maybe a shark. I don't like the 90's green Warrior.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                        Simon, I'd rather not think about what color Uranus is.

I think you could make either graphic work, especially if went with EMG's. Try 'em out with the CS generator, see what happens. I don't know how, but there's a way to import graphics.
                        Funny, I have no idea what colour it is either. And I'm not gonna put my camera behind my back to find out. Maybe I'll ask 24seven to paint a huge blue/green planet with rings on it, just to spite you . I don't have access to the Warrior CS generator.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Why not try something that will incorporate transparent areas into the design so you can still see the flame, at least in parts?
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                            Maybe I'll ask 24seven to paint a huge blue/green planet with rings on it, just to spite you .
                            I would be honored ! Although being responsible for Uranus just doesn't seem proper

I have an exploding planet wallpaper saved somewhere on my 'puter at home. I'll see if I can find it and email to you.

Comment

Your own face! Nobody will steal it then! Bwahahahaha :ROTF:
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X