The "custom shop" logo confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "custom shop" logo confusion

Nead a help. I bought the sevenstring soloist a month ago. Mike(Mikernaut2) who sold it for me told me he boght it from dcgl, and this guitar was made for Wolbers. And I really received dcgl's bill in the case. The serial number is "C.O.W. J6829" . Today I saw the photo of 7 string COW 7 soloist Custom Shop from dcgl. I thought it's mine, but it has the "custom shop" logo in another place. As far as I remember drum city guitar land had only one such guitar. Just an interest about this guitar

'94 KV PCS
    '99 KV-2 Camo
    '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
    '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

There were likely a few made like that. So DCGL probably had several. Also, many Jacksons can be Customs (J serials or RR) and NOT have it stamped on the headstock. That began about 10 years ago, but not all have it...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
      There were likely a few made like that. So DCGL probably had several.
      really? Didn't know that.
      '94 KV PCS
      '99 KV-2 Camo

Comment

Hey Artem,

It seems like this guitar has some interesting history. After I purchased it from DCGL I had talked to a member of SS.org named F1Filter ( pretty sure he's a member here too) He had told me that he had purchased the guitar a year or two earlier from DGCL and that the headstock had broke off during shipping. So at this point it was either repaired or redone. Now I wasn't sure if it was the exact same guitar or a re-do version.

It didn't really show any signs of repair to me. Also I was confused as how you could replace a neck on a neck thru guitar?

I do have this pic I still saved from my emails with F1 Filter and if you notice the placement of the "customshop" logo it matchs the 1st picture you posted.

So is it the same guitar or were there 2 different black CS ones? I dunno. I'm still confused, unless F1 Filter can confirm the serial number. ( if he recalls)
        Last edited by Mikernaut2; 04-09-2009, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Pity story,man. The same story was with Christian's CAMO

Anyway this my COW is very good guitar, and I'm looking the opportunity to get another one(not CAMO, don't like desert camo finish).
          '94 KV PCS
          '99 KV-2 Camo

Comment

Those are cool guitars, but Jackson's take on camo is just nasty looking!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.distortion View Post
              really? Didn't know that.
              What do you mean you "didn't know that"?! You posted 2 pics of 2 different guitars made similar to eachother?!~
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                What do you mean you "didn't know that"?! You posted 2 pics of 2 different guitars made similar to eachother?!~
                Well, in 2004 Jackson built four neck-thru guitars for Wolbers: two archtop soloists and two King Vs. And he didn't bought all four guitars. I thought that the black COW was the one of kind guitar and possibly I was right if this is the same guitar before and after repair
                Last edited by dr.distortion; 04-10-2009, 01:47 AM.
                '94 KV PCS
                '99 KV-2 Camo

Comment

Working...
                X