need a new pickup, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a new pickup, help

I have a 96 KV1 with a stock TB-5 in the bridge, I dont mind it but i was expecting a little bit more out of it. Anyway i would like your opinions on what i should replace it with, i am thinking TB-4 JB thanks

Didn't they come with JB stock? Mine definately has a JB. I tried a dimebucker in mine and it sounded pretty awesome, maybe try that?

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
      Didn't they come with JB stock? Mine definately has a JB. I tried a dimebucker in mine and it sounded pretty awesome, maybe try that?
      The 1st of them came with the TB-5 and later with the TB-4, i dont want to put in a dimebucker because i want the pickup to look the same, mite sound silly but its important to me to have the guitar looking original.

Comment

I'd stick with the Custom over a JB. A DiMarzio Tone Zone would be a great choice, too.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I put a Dimarzio Evolution in my KV1 and it sounds great.
          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ze29de View Post
            The 1st of them came with the TB-5 and later with the TB-4, i dont want to put in a dimebucker because i want the pickup to look the same, mite sound silly but its important to me to have the guitar looking original.

I see, well you could try a distortion, is there any noticable thing about the sound of the TB-5 you dont like? Try to be specific and we can help you find the right pickup.

Do yours have the logos on them or not? I know the old mustaines had no logo, so if you bought a new duncan you'd have to request no logo upon ordering

Comment

Go for the JB. Sounds great in my Soloist.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
                I see, well you could try a distortion, is there any noticable thing about the sound of the TB-5 you dont like? Try to be specific and we can help you find the right pickup.

Do yours have the logos on them or not? I know the old mustaines had no logo, so if you bought a new duncan you'd have to request no logo upon ordering
                thanks, the KV1 came with the duncan logo on the bridge pickup only(atleast the eairly ones were like that). The TB-5 seams to lack wormth when distorting, its not realy aggressive just trebly, Jackson put the TB-4 in the KV1 as stock after 1996 and i belive martys kellys had that too. I have aslo thought about a duncan distortion.

thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                X