1988 sl1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 sl1

Got this a little while back, has a Norton and Pro Track. Great player with a very thin neck and OFR. I like how the previous owner wore through the paint with his nail. Had to have this color

Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

That's a cool colour for sure - nice grab

It's a Soloist Custom though, not an SL1
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

More pictures!!! Such a tease.

Comment

Is that the one that had the thru the neck nuts holes with fracture cracks?

Comment

Did the previous owner wear press-on nails? That is an odd place for such a lot of wear.
          BTW, sweet guitar...my favorite Jackson era.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Looks like pick damage to me.I don't think they were called SL-1's in 88.
            Very cool color I love it.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

When I got my 87 Soloist the catalogue no. was JSC1 (Jackson Soloist Custom 1), although that may just have been what the UK distributors called it.

I reckon that paint wear is from the player's little finger curled round the bottom of the pickup as an anchor point. I do the same thing, but my pinkie goes round the bottom of the humbucker. Not worn it through yet, though.
              Last edited by Tommie; 04-13-2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Yeah, this one has a paint crack on the back of the headstock, I may repair it but it's solid. This is my best player by far, crazy low action. It was the colour that got me, something about a loud yellow I like
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I love it.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    I love it.
                    I remember it sitting on ebay for a long time. The cracks in the neck around the Floyd Nut bolts (thru the neck) scared me off.

Comment

Absolutely loving that color!

Comment

Thanks all, guitar rules. It has a paint crack by the nut bolts but it appears to be only the paint, the ugly part is the touch up paint he brushed on the crack looks puke green. If I find the right colour I'll sand down the back of the headstock and re-paint it but it dosn't bother me, plays awesome.

Comment

Working...
                        X