Jackson KV1 -97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KV1 -97

Hello King V fans! I have a black KV 1 Dave Mustaine from -97. I bought it, Jackson built it. Serialnumber is U0 37 10.
    Don´t know if I got the wrong colour because I remember from the catalog that the two colours were natural korina or black pearl. How does "black pearl" look like? Does it have flakes in it? Is it even possible to have something different from the catalog without going trough the custom shop?

Originally posted by Todd Jackson View Post
    Hello King V fans! I have a black KV 1 Dave Mustaine from -97. I bought it, Jackson built it. Serialnumber is U0 37 10.
    Don´t know if I got the wrong colour because I remember from the catalog that the two colours were natural korina or black pearl. How does "black pearl" look like? Does it have flakes in it? Is it even possible to have something different from the catalog without going trough the custom shop?
    The KV1's were available in Black, Black Pearl, Transparent Black (Korina), and Natural (Korina).

Black Pearl looks like a darker version of Gun Metal Grey. No flakes.

Comment

Bur black pearl looks a bit metallic

Comment

Ok, thank you. Then my guitar is simply black. Do anyone now how many KV1 they made that year (-97). I´ve heard something like 200. And how much is it worth..? It´s just standing in my closet nowadays... Try Ebay?

Comment

Pics!!!
          '02 Jackson KV2
          '92 Jackson Rhoads PCS
          '92 Jackson Rhoads Tribute

Comment

V-man, you want pictures of my KV1? You have to wait a couple of days till a get a hold of a good camera. My friend can help me...

Comment

Don't sell her! She will be very sad and turn to an EMO!

Comment

You really think so..? EMO!? I´ve been thinking of selling her for a couple of years but it never happened. It´s the best guitar I´ve ever had but she just works for Megadeth riffs. To be honest she doesn´t have any character to the sound...

I live in Sweden and we have very dry winters and moisty summers and the guitar has NEVER been adjusted for twelve years. I´ve just been replacing the strings and cleaning her up at the same time.
                Nowadays I´m more into Telecasters and crunchy sound. But sometimes when I want to have a really "clean" and fast solo she´s the best though... So maybe I will regret selling her...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                  Black Pearl looks like a darker version of Gun Metal Grey. No flakes.
                  They're both metallic colors and have flakes, just very light.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i'll take it...
                    '97 KV1 alder

Comment

I'd try some different pick-ups before selling it, maybe a more vintage style pick-up is more your flavor. It would be hard to part with your best player
                      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
                        I'd try some different pick-ups before selling it, maybe a more vintage style pick-up is more your flavor. It would be hard to part with your best player
                        You´re absolutly right in that point. Wy haven´t I thought of that?:idea:

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
                          i'll take it...
                          Have to really think it over... Like always when it comes to selling my best girlfriend:think:

Comment

Working...
                          X