Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop down payment question

Ok I did use the search and I keep getting
    PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in Z:\Inetpub\wwwroot\jcf\jcfonline\www\forums\includ es\class_core.php on line 408

so sorry I know this subject has been covered before.

Basically i don't want to waste a dealers time getting a quote for something I might not be able to afford so i was curious if someone could get me a rough idea of what a downpayment would be for a CS (specs to follow) please PM me if you have a really close idea based on a dealer instead of posting it here.

What I am thinking of doing:

Double Rhoads - Poplar wings
    5 piece neck thru
    Rear routed
    one HB (sh6 in the bridge position mounted directly to the body)
    string through
    Black ebony fretboard with reverse MOP inlays
    revease headstock
    the volume in a specific place out of my way.

i just need to know if the down would be 1000-1500 or 2000 etc. i would imagine the build cost would also be about 4k though i'm not sure on this since not a standard model

also the paint would be a transparent cherry (maybe) with the bevels on both side natural.

matching headstock

mop jackon

yeah...

or the exact same thing in a kelly
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

If you're already planning for the final cost to be around $4K ($3500-$4500), then you're probably looking at half that as a down payment. Reason being, if you can't cough up the balance at the delivery, the dealer will have to sell it. You lose your deposit, but the guitar's only half-paid-for at that point, so the dealer would have to sell it for at least that amount to clear a profit or break even.

Personally, I'd pay it all off up front or at least have it paid off before it was completed just so it's not held up in the Dealer Credit stack. If there's any difference that has to be paid at the end, it'd be minor and easily covered: you'd have maybe $200 extra owed as opposed to having $2500+ extra to come up with at once.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oh!I'm going to order similar guitar as eakinj, but 7 string version. I hope 7 strings are not much expensive than common six
      '94 KV PCS
      '99 KV-2 Camo
      '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
      '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

Comment

Remember you'll get sales discount the more down payment you give.
        but is a Double Rhoads really 4k$
        '97 KV1 alder

Comment

If i remember correctly the base for an XTRR is $4400, so i think it will be slightly more than $4K for the double rhoads

Comment

XTRR is $4580 list. But yeah, I imagine the Double Rhoads would be in that sort of price range as it's a standard, but not 'priced' shape...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

How much would a King V be with those options? Would there be a big difference in price? I'm just trying to figure out where I stand as far as how close i can get to what i want

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                Double Rhoads - Poplar wings

also the paint would be a transparent cherry (maybe) with the bevels on both side natural.
                I really think you should reconsider the use of poplar if you want to do a trans color... its not usually all that good looking that you'd want to see it bare.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Only a dealer can tell you what the price would be. All we can give here is ballpark based on Customs we've ordered or otherwise have info on.

GT - I assumed he was going to get a maple cap on it.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Why do you want only one humbucker, how bout a single bridge pickup for ewach guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Only a dealer can tell you what the price would be. All we can give here is ballpark based on Customs we've ordered or otherwise have info on.

Nods, yeah bookmark maple top.

I keep thinking to myself if it's worth it since it'll never be played on stage (well most likely not be)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Thats what I was thinking - but then I didn't see it in his description, so...
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                          Nods, yeah bookmark maple top.

I keep thinking to myself if it's worth it since it'll never be played on stage (well most likely not be)

Had I been in a band when I ordered mine, my first consideration would have been stage functionality: I doubt the WarAngel will do well through an amp at stage volume with a Distortion in the bridge and no knobs.

Looks cool as hell but....

That said, if you want to spend the money on a bedroom-buddy/wall-hanger, go for it, but I strongly recommend you roll the idea around in your head weighing the pros and cons of the specs, functionality, and expense so you don't end up with a guitar you have absolutely no use for other than to say "I got me one".

Comment

I read this thread a couple of days ago but did not have a clue what a double Rhoads was. I thought it was a double neck. duh!!! LOL!!! Anyway, I just saw this in person today and omigod it's friggin hawt!!! Too bad it's too large for me but it's definitely making me think. If you guys are looking for a Double Rhoads, JC Guitars out of Algonquin , Illinois (Chicago) has 2 of the 25th Anniv double rhoads for sale. I'm sure Justin is a member here I just dunno his sn but hit him up or call his store (847)658-9932. One of the coolest guitars I have ever seen!!! It really confuses the hell outta me cuz I was set on ordering a CS 7string rhoads.
                            Krank Addict

Comment

My deposits have usually been $500-$750 thru Matt's Music If I recall correctly. I also got a order in for XTRR before they had a price increase last year. It was in the $4k ballpark.

Comment

Working...
                              X