X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Ontario Soloist 1

Peek-a Boo...

Wow great score, congrats!!!
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

Now that's pretty friggin nice. Oiled neck?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

That looks very cool. What does the extra toggle do? Coil split the EMG (if it's an 89)?
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The extra toggle is a kill switch. The fretboard has also been scalloped as well as unpainted. It plays very well, but I still have to get used to the scallops. Only time will tell...

Originally posted by neilli View Post
            That looks very cool. What does the extra toggle do? Coil split the EMG (if it's an 89)?

Comment

Sweet man.
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

That was once mine (see the old gallery) J5211 and I got it from Chuck Schoff (member here) in Louisiana about 6 years ago. Scalloped board all 24 frets! and sanded neck. Really neat Soloist, I added those EMG's, it originally had Jackson pickups. And that extra toggle was a JE-1500 envelope filter, like as used on the USA Fusions. But I removed the entire circuit and wired it to a kill switch when the EMG's went in. It was years ago, but I just couldn't get a good tone from it, but still a great axe...

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Cool guitar... At the moment, I find that the EMG overpowers the singles immensely, which makes it more of a single hum guitar to me. Gonna play it for a while before a final judgement.

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                  That was once mine (see the old gallery) J5211 and I got it from Chuck Schoff (member here) in Louisiana about 6 years ago. Scalloped board all 24 frets! and sanded neck. Really neat Soloist, I added those EMG's, it originally had Jackson pickups. And that extra toggle was a JE-1500 envelope filter, like as used on the USA Fusions. But I removed the entire circuit and wired it to a kill switch when the EMG's went in. It was years ago, but I just couldn't get a good tone from it, but still a great axe...

Comment

Put in a separate 9v for the 2 SAs, that should make them as loud as the humbucker, or at least a bit louder than they are now comparatively.

I did that on an SL Pro and the singles were definitely louder than when all 3 shared a single battery.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

damn bro thats sweet as hell. i think joe probably had his hands on every guitar we've seen here and beyond. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Put in a separate 9v for the 2 SAs, that should make them as loud as the humbucker, or at least a bit louder than they are now comparatively.

I did that on an SL Pro and the singles were definitely louder than when all 3 shared a single battery.
                        Looks like its got the original J-200's in it.

I would go whole hog and put in the EMG single coils - S or SA's depending on your requirements (I like S).

I do find that S's are lower volume than 81's in my Model 4, so you'll have to balance the heights of the pickups.
                        Blank yo!

Comment

I envy you. God D***!!
                          '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                          '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                          '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                          '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                          '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                          '13 Gibson M-III
                          Taylor 214CE
                          Dean 6-string Bass
                          Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            Looks like its got the original J-200's in it.

I would go whole hog and put in the EMG single coils - S or SA's depending on your requirements (I like S).

I do find that S's are lower volume than 81's in my Model 4, so you'll have to balance the heights of the pickups.
                            I have a single EMG-S and 81 wired for 18v in my Charvel Fusion Deluxe with a Fusion PRO neck. I think the pickups work good together because with a fairly high gain amp, I can switch to the single for cleans, then switch to the 81 for distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                              I have a single EMG-S and 81 wired for 18v in my Charvel Fusion Deluxe with a Fusion PRO neck. I think the pickups work good together because with a fairly high gain amp, I can switch to the single for cleans, then switch to the 81 for distortion.
                              Yeah - if you combine channel switching and pickup switching you don't need to worry about volume drops from the pickups, you just adjust it at the amp.
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X