Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have an idea what Y2KV's are worth nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackson doesn't. At least that is what Tim Wilson and the gang stated at a custom shop clinic a few years ago.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by triplehold View Post
      Strap it on and check your bad self out in a mirror- you look like dude on a Harley-Davidson Fat Boy. That other guitar will make you look like some dude on a Vespa.

This possible the best thing I have ever read.
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomLord View Post
        Could you tell me a little bit about the VMNT, from your personal experience with it? I know it's probably blasphemy for me to talk about a Dean on these boards, but I can't help being a Mustaine-following sheep (even though, personally, I hate him and we don't get along... Long story, but Brian may know, if he is indeed who I think he is – Morphine from Deth.com?).

Is it pretty lightweight? The Y2KV feels like a freakin' ton of bricks. It plays pretty fast and has a good tone, but I'm also interested in the sound of the VMNT and the newer Mustaine pickups. I dunno, could you just give me a few general impressions?

For what it's worth, I'm leaning toward keeping my Y2KV now, but I'm still looking into other guitars for the hell of it.

Ay Y2K V for a VMT (the USA version) would be a great trade. I think there are only 150 VMT's made though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
          Ay Y2K V for a VMT (the USA version) would be a great trade. I think there are only 150 VMT's made though.
          I know the new USA VMNT Korina is limited to 50. Are the Trans Black, Trans Red and Trans Amber also limited to 50 each?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
            Jackson doesn't. At least that is what Tim Wilson and the gang stated at a custom shop clinic a few years ago.
            Maybe a few years ago, but when my WarAngel came in I thought it had crusty strings because my fingers came up black.

Plus, the board doesn't shine a lot, which is a good indicator of a dye-job.

As for the Y2/USA VM trade - I haven't played a USA Dean since 1987, but offhand I'd say don't do it.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomLord View Post
              If I remember right, the Angel of Deth VMNT I'm interesting in, the $1800 model that retails for $1,200, is made in Korea.

Not that it's a huge issue, but I'd probably rather have my USA made Y2KV...
              As many have said here, don't do that trade. I've owned both of those guitars and the Angel of Deth Dean doesn't hold a candle to the quality of the Y2KV. The graphic also looks much better in pictures than it does in real-life.

Comment

Back to the original question, here's a recent answer to your question...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Dave-Mus...1%7C240%3A1318

I would guesstimate that price is probably a little below typical market value, based on the seller's location and the "no returns" policy.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  Back to the original question, here's a recent answer to your question...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Dave-Mus...1%7C240%3A1318

I would guesstimate that price is probably a little below typical market value, based on the seller's location and the "no returns" policy.
                  Thanks man. I appreciate your looking out.

I've decided not to trade the Y2KV for a Dean. It's just not worth it, because of what I'll gve giving up in quality and rarity. If the price is right I may still sell it and go with the white Rhoads with gold bevels that I've always dreamed about, but it doesn't seem like the value is there for me to justify getting a Korean-made Dean

Comment

Working...
                  X