No announcement yet.

Ngd kv2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having the fret ends done on the latest KV I got. I should be getting it back tomorrow. I had it done on my other KV shortly after I got it. I think the skinny frets on a KV make it feel more noticable than it would with regular jumbos.
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
      If the V you recently purchased was used. It could be that the finger board dried out and shrunk. Leaving the fret ends to stick out of the edge of the finger board. This happens if a guitar is neglected and kept in a dry enviroment. The wood could have also not been dried long enough and it shrunk after the frest were installed. I doubt this as it is a USA Jackson. Thats usually the case on a cheap import like a Squier or someting and not a USA guitar. The best ifx ix just file the ends down. If it's new bring it to a certified JAckson tech. It's covered under the warrenty and should be done gratis.
      Gil
      It is used, but the classic reason for sharp frets (jutting over shrunken wood) is not what I am experiencing. The frets themselves were beveled in razor fashion, so finger contact causes abrasion. They need to be smoothed/dulled/rounded.
      '02 Jackson KV2
      '92 Jackson Rhoads PCS
      '92 Jackson Rhoads Tribute

Comment

Working...
      X