jackson AT-1 pickup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson AT-1 pickup question

A friend of mine has offered me an AT1 for a good price, he lives about 3 hours away from me so i cant actually see the guitar in person, but i know i want to change the pickups and pickup rings. my question is i know the pickups are armstrong pickups im just wondering if i were to change the pickups and pickup rings would "regular" pickup rings from and jackson fit? im not sure if its just me but the pickup ring on the at1 looks slightly wider.

They look to be the same size as normal pickups in the brocure from 1997. It has the chrome covered pickups in it. The only Jacksons I know of that don't have normal sized pickups are the old JC pickups in the USA's and Charvel imports.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

are they 24.75" scale?

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
        are they 24.75" scale?
        25.5" scale. And as far as I know, the Armstrong pickups and rings are standard size.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't know about the AT1, but my old RR2 had Armstrongs. It had black plastic rings instead, and when I bought standard-sized chrome rings, they wouldn't fit. I ended up using chromed plastic rings. I don't have the guitar anymore to measure them, unfortunately.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X