fret wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fret wire

i have a 85 soloist with fret wire .107 wide and a 86 soloist .115 wide both have org. frets and a 88 rhoads with .085 wide...
    was any of these standard...they all feel and play different i like the feel of .115 wide fret...but the .o85 rhoades fret is hard to get use to...i buy most all my guitars on line and everybody says jumbo frets is there some years that soloist had big or smallier frets

I have a KV2 and a soloist and I agree, the narrower wire seems to put your finger more into the fretboard, and feels more like its not there at all. Maybe it's a handicap to rely on the feel of the wider frets, anyway I agree there is a bit of a playability difference......not sure about any changes to the fretwire over the years on the soloists.....
    Last edited by Voyager1000; 04-28-2009, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j2260 View Post
      i have a 85 soloist with fret wire .107 wide and a 86 soloist .115 wide both have org. frets and a 88 rhoads with .085 wide...
      was any of these standard...they all feel and play different i like the feel of .115 wide fret...but the .o85 rhoades fret is hard to get use to...i buy most all my guitars on line and everybody says jumbo frets is there some years that soloist had big or smallier frets

I don't really understand what you are trying to say. I think you might have made a typo?

Comment

is there a standard on jumbo frets i like the feel of frets .115 wide on my 86 my 85 soloist and my rhoads are .107 and .085.

Comment

Working...
        X