Please post your USA Black RR with Gold hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please post your USA Black RR with Gold hardware

So I was sitting here listening to the "Delicate sound of thunder" version of Comfortably numb and had that day dreaming about being a rock star moment. As I did I thought about what guitar (if I had even a inkling of David G’s talent) I would play during that song. And it came to me, a gloss black Rhoads with gold hardware.

So much so I think that is going to be what I’m going to pursue as my next guitar.

Please feed my G.A.S. Please post pix of black RR's with gold floyds.

Thanks in advance
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

My old RR1T with a brass hardware swap. Sorry it doesn't have a Floyd, but it did have an old-school Rhoads bridge.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      My old RR1T with a brass hardware swap. Sorry it doesn't have a Floyd, but it did have an old-school Rhoads bridge.
      That is sweet! btw no need to ever say sorry for showing a Rhoads with out a floyd
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

RR1t

Essentially the same guitar as above...only at a different angle.

A year 2000 RR1T with the brass hardware changeover. I bought this brand new from GMW Guitarworks and with the cost of the brass...about $1350 out the door back then.

The RR1T production models are fantastic guitars for the money.

Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

LOL Twins! The production RR1Ts are indeed fantastic guitars for the money! Mine was an '04, and I kinda miss it, but I do have an '00 in gun metal gray that I love even more. I've got a black old-school bridge with the brass saddles I'm going to put on soon, I've just got to get them slotted first.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Awesome stevieb91!!!!!

I have a similar one, but floyded. But I prefer how yours has pinstripes on the bevels, not on the body.

'89 Custom Shop.

Comment

Didn't catch yet how to post a picture so I must post a link, sorry...
                http://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=P1010262.jpg

And an another one with gold hardware, transpared black
                http://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=P1010266.jpg

Last edited by Aimoo; 05-03-2009, 01:55 PM.

Comment

hey Hellraiser6502 where did you get the brass hardware for your rr1t? Is it essentially the same hardware as an rr5? I have a black rr1t and i'm looking to do a complete swap out.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

(Reposting Aimoo's)

Comment

Is that Dan Spitzs' dinky rhoads, Racer?
                        Originally posted by Hellbat
                        Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonslayer View Post
                          hey Hellraiser6502 where did you get the brass hardware for your rr1t? Is it essentially the same hardware as an rr5? I have a black rr1t and i'm looking to do a complete swap out.
                          Back then GMW had all the parts, New old stock. Paid about $220 for all the parts.

I don't think Lee sells stuff like that anymore. He might have the bridges still.

Not sure if they are the same as an RR5, I've never owned or played any of the import stuff. Looks pretty close to me though.
                          Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFriedmanIsMaster View Post
                            Is that Dan Spitzs' dinky rhoads, Racer?
                            I dunno, ask Aimoo!

Comment

dude that black quilt with gold hardware looks stunning

was that a custom shop job ?

Comment

Working...
                              X