Fret size...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fret size...

...on my KV2... They are 2 millimeters wide. All my other guitars (Jacksons) have them abour 3 millimeters wide. I thought they were all jumbo frets.. because the Jackson Web Site says they are..... Obviously not... Did they used to have thinner frets? Does anyone know what size they are or is more information needed? Weird question probably, but I want to know.
    Last edited by Musician78; 04-29-2009, 07:14 PM.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Yup, that's standard on the KV2's. Tall & skinny. You get used to it, and then wish your other guitars had the same.

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveFireland View Post
      Yup, that's standard on the KV2's. Tall & skinny. You get used to it, and then wish your other guitars had the same.

Steve.
      Weird.. the website says jumbo. I do love them though. Way better than the ones on my other axes.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Jackson's website has always been wrong, they just never fixed it. It also states the Mark Morton has jumbo frets when it's got the smaller, medium jumbo like the KV2.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Jackson's website has always been wrong, they just never fixed it. It also states the Mark Morton has jumbo frets when it's got the smaller, medium jumbo like the KV2.

So they are called "medium jumbo"?

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
            So they are called "medium jumbo"?
            From my previous work orders the frets on a KV2 or Y2KV were listed as "Medium SBB24".

I've heard people refer to them as "medium jumbo" quite a bit but I don't know if that's the term Jackson goes by. I sent a couple of emails to try and find out if this was a standard Dunlop size or something else and I never got a response.

Comment

I always assumed they were considered medium jumbo, but I'm not sure if Jackson actually goes by that term or not.
              Carvin considers their standard frets as medium jumbo, and they're .048 tall by .103 wide. Not sure if Jackson uses exactly that same size or what.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I assumed they'd be like the 6105 dunlop wire, .055 tall and .090 wide

Comment

Originally posted by SteveFireland View Post
                  Tall & skinny. You get used to it, and then wish your other guitars had the same.
                  +1. I got one of my RRs refretted with Dunlop 6105 frets just because rest of my guitars had those tall&skinny and they felt amazing! Better than jumbos which I had on about 6 other guitars .

Comment

Working...
                  X