Dk-1 gets a EMG 81tw- 89 set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk-1 gets a EMG 81tw- 89 set

Swapped out the duncan BLACKOUT set for the 81tw and 89 and couldn't be happier! : ) !
    The 81tw is a great metal pu and also can do more classic tones when in single mode.
    The single coil in the 81tw is quite ballsy through my mesa so it does some convincing classic rock tones and cleans that a standard 81 or a BLACKOUT cant. And i dont have to tell anyone that the 81tw in regular mode is IT for getting a true demomic rhythm and lead tone!
    I bought the duncan BO's originally for this jackson because i heard how great they were supposed to be but OVERALL the 81tw/89 set is more versatile and has much better clarity and definition! Highly recomended for EMG or active users
    Last edited by savage; 05-04-2009, 10:26 AM.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Nice bro, I've played that set on a few Schecters and they sounded rad. Glad your happy
    Originally posted by Hellbat
    Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

Hey SAV after a/b'ing these against the BO set i agree that the emg 81tw/89 set does a lot more and are tighter,clearer, more focused just better overall.
      Maybe duncan should stick to making passives and leave actives to the masters at emg

Comment

Originally posted by \m/HELLRAISER\m/ View Post
        Hey SAV after a/b'ing these against the BO set i agree that the emg 81tw/89 set does a lot more and are tighter,clearer, more focused just better overall.
        Maybe duncan should stick to making passives and leave actives to the masters at emg
        dude when you bought the blackouts from me i tried to tell ya that! you wont have any prob selling them.
        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

"Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

+1
            Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by ekalb09 View Post

i've seen EMGs before...
              '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
                i've seen EMGs before...
                I'm sure he meant the guitar
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  I'm sure he meant the guitar
                  I did mean the guitar, I don't see many Dk1's
                  "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Did you do the 89 in the bridge or neck position?

I reversed the 81/85 setup in my DK1 (85 at the bridge now) and I really like it.

Comment

Working...
                    X