Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worm holes are sound chambers that gives Korina more mids

Comment

Korina sounds better than mahogany IMO. Resonates better too.
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        The worm holes are sound chambers that gives Korina more mids

I think the worms were trained by Gibson. First on the Epi Les Pauls, and then on the chambered USA ones after they got the worms smuggled into the country by the Chinese. The worms had to do three years of slave labor shi**ing silk in Chinatown but after that...off to Nashville.
        Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
        98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

What about the exploding pickguard thing? I've always heard that one - something about old Fender pickguards would explode if you didn't cut them just right?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            What about the exploding pickguard thing? I've always heard that one - something about old Fender pickguards would explode if you didn't cut them just right?
            I'd say that's false, because when you look at it, I'd be surprised if Fender did anything right, and all those fender n00bs still got all their fingers.
            Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
            Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Came by this thread searching for something else- Sorry for the resurrect, but I'm going to tag "wood toxicity" for future searches and leave this link for folks:

wood toxicity

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                I personally think that the black korina they show on Warmoth would look pretty cool if cleared. As far as a back wood goes, I think that would look very cool especially with the cherry trans finish. I would think that would make the lighter portions red and the darker streaks kind of blood colored.

Here is an example from Warmoth.

As you may or may not have followed, I have a "mutt" Jackson firebird, and I will eventually get around to taking it apart and looking for markings. I noticed the pickups cavities are painted in this warmoth, so if mine is unpainted does that it can't be a warmoth? I have never had experience with a warmoth body before...
                I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                X