Picked this up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked this up

Nice playing guitar, swirl is one of the better I have seen. I am not sure how long I will end up keeping it as I am a Explorer addict but for now, I will enjoy it

Last edited by Joe Stump; 05-31-2009, 07:23 AM.
    2001 Les Paul Standard
    2010 Explorer '76 RI
    1988 Charvel Model 3

Sweet. Give us some more details!

Comment

That's absolutely gorgeous! Congrats.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
        Sweet. Give us some more details!
        Hey Brooke, what kind of details? USA Select series, one owner, adult owned, never gigged, ebony board, JB/Jazz pup set, MOP inlays, alder body, quartersawn maple neck etc...

Plays like a greased whore :ROTF:

If there is anything else you want to know, just ask

Thanks for letting me share it here
        2001 Les Paul Standard
        2010 Explorer '76 RI
        1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

How about price, so those interested once you go to sell it can cheat you out of the fair market value

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What a cool pattern on the back of the neck & headstock!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Can't find any serial number decoding threads so I wondered what year this is:

U16459

A friend that plays Jackson's said this possibly is one of the earliest Eerie Dess examples but he was not sure either

Any info would be appreciated

As for someday getting rid of it? Only thing I would even consider is '79-81 Gibson e/2 or 1976-77 Standard Explorer's

Possibly the right Les Paul could also sway me

For now, I am just enjoying it occasionally as I want to keep it in immaculate condition. It's nice seeing one of these w/o point damage

Edit: Found a thread with Chris asking for Select serial numbers so I emailed him
              Last edited by Joe Stump; 05-27-2009, 09:18 AM.
              2001 Les Paul Standard
              2010 Explorer '76 RI
              1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                What a cool pattern on the back of the neck & headstock!
                Yeah, looks like a type of Marbleizer like that Gold NAMM Rhoads.

And it's not an early version of EDS. That's been around since about the mid-90s. Yours is from the mid 00's or thereabouts.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You better keep it Ron as it will Kill any explorer out there!! good to see ya over here as well.

RD
                  USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                  USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
                    You better keep it Ron as it will Kill any explorer out there!! good to see ya over here as well.

RD
                    Thanks Randy but so far in the showdown, the e/2 is slaying it. Maybe it's the fact that the e/2 weighs 12+ lbs and has a X2N in it? I'm not complaining though because this plays almost by itself

and Happy 40th Birthday Brother!
                    2001 Les Paul Standard
                    2010 Explorer '76 RI
                    1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

I love the string thru RR's but I love the Explorers just as much. Nice axe bro.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                        I love the string thru RR's but I love the Explorers just as much. Nice axe bro.
                        You and I would get along well for sure
                        2001 Les Paul Standard
                        2010 Explorer '76 RI
                        1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Stump View Post
                          Can't find any serial number decoding threads so I wondered what year this is:

U16459

A friend that plays Jackson's said this possibly is one of the earliest Eerie Dess examples but he was not sure either
                          Not early at all. The RR1T wasn't introduced until 2000. I have one in gunmetal gray, and its serial is U08851 which is from the year 2000. I also had a black one with serial U14545 which was from 2004.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            Not early at all. The RR1T wasn't introduced until 2000. I have one in gunmetal gray, and its serial is U08851 which is from the year 2000. I also had a black one with serial U14545 which was from 2004.
                            So would you guess about 2006-2007? I have not heard back from Chris yet

I think my buddy was referring to the finish and he's no Jackson authority. He just likes them and has a bitchin' Warrior and a well played/beat Soloist. Maybe I can get him to join even though the only thing he uses his computer for is Pro Tools
                            2001 Les Paul Standard
                            2010 Explorer '76 RI
                            1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

Originally posted by joe stump View Post

plays like a greased whore

Comment

Working...
                              X