Refinish- Black SL2h to Silversparkle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refinish- Black SL2h to Silversparkle

So I got alittle bored of having a black guitar and I always wanted a Jackson or Charvel with the Silversparkle finish. I sent it to Marty Bell for a refinish and now it's totally over the top.

It looks like Photobucket killed the quality of my pics. The guitar is extremely vivid and a very shiny clearcoat. But you get the idea. It looks like a factory brand new finish.

the Logo is under the clearcoat and looks very professional.

before-

After-

I love sparkle finishes and that looks amazing. Much better than plain ol' black IMHO.

Comment

Why is it that you don't have standard sharkies
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Looks great...love the silver sparkle!

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
          Why is it that you don't have standard sharkies
          You missed the reverse headstock I take it?

I vaguely recall the history of this guitar but from what I do remember, it was a custom order that someone didn't pickup so the OP purchased it. As the OP stated, it's basically an SL-2H albeit with a reverse headstock and piranha inlays.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
            You missed the reverse headstock I take it?

I vaguely recall the history of this guitar but from what I do remember, it was a custom order that someone didn't pickup so the OP purchased it. As the OP stated, it's basically an SL-2H albeit with a reverse headstock and piranha inlays.
            And a blade switch instead of the toggle, and lower horn scallop, and the battery box. It's a Custom Shop Soloist. It looks even better now in silver!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sorry, I prefer it in black, but if you like it, have fun with it!
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

marty does good work....FAST!!!!!! looks great, man!

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah it was a unclaimed Custom that I got on Ebay awhile back. I was considering selling it but then picked it up and played it and was like " Why am I selling this? it's a really great player". So I decided to bring it new life with the refinish.

There was abit of work to do on it when it came back. I couldn't get the tuners or pickups back into their cavities. I had to break out a drill and some sand paper.

Gotta admit I was kinda scared wielding a drill on a CS Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    And a blade switch instead of the toggle, and lower horn scallop, and the battery box. It's a Custom Shop Soloist. It looks even better now in silver!
                    all nice subtle touches too. I liked it in black, I like it even more in silver sparkle
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Looks great. I dontthink the pics look that bad at all... At least on my iPhone anyway.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Looks great in either colour - but looks like a great job from Marty
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

hurts my eyes lol

Comment

Impressive! I don't know that I'd refin a Jackson in mint condition myself, but you can't take knock the finished product.

Comment

Working...
                            X