Jackson XTRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson XTRR

Hey all you forum dudes . A local place has a USA Jackson XTRR in gloss black, used, with original case, for $985. I have it on hold now, and I think the price is good, but I'm not quite sure. The condition is good supposedly, but I'm gonna go to the store in the next few days to make sure and try it out before I buy.

I'd have to sell my SL2H to get it, but I know the XTRRs are pretty rare to find, so if I like it after trying it out I think I'll have to pick it up. The serial number says its a 2000 model.

Anyways, you guys agree that its worth picking up at that price if its in good condition? All opinions welcome, thanks.
    My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

That's a great price! I'd jump on it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I second that, I was bidding on one that sold on e-bay a few months ago for 1,350.

Comment

$1350 is still a decent price, I think. I passed on one in blue ghost flames for $1200 on ebay some years back, and I'm still kicking myself!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

$985 is a really really good price for an XTRR
          Last edited by neilli; 06-10-2009, 09:02 PM.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            That's a great price! I'd jump on it.
            It would be a bad price if you did jump on it!
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Did you buy it from Elderly Music in Lansing?
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I'm betting he did. Someone gave me the heads-up on it before I posted in this thread, but obviously buddy here has it on hold...
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I got it today, yep from Elderly. It needs some cleaning up but overall its in pretty great condition for being nearly 10 years old. Haven't got a chance to play it at home yet, just at the store. I'll post pics if I can figure it out how to do it with my phone (I dont have a camera lol)
                  My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

some pics

Comment

Awesome score!!! and it has a reverse headstock too. I caved and have one on order thru the custom shop. But yeah.... its alot more then $985. lol

Comment

noob question- What's the difference between the XTRR and a regular RR?

Comment

The XTRR (Extreme Rhoads) is a "Dinky" version of the Rhoads. Note the wings are much shorter in length. Also, the headstocks are reverse and I think the rear of the necks are unfinished, maybe not, but I think. Pickups are different too, Invader and Full Shred.
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

How is the XTRR treating you these days?

Comment

actually sold the XTRR to fellow JCF member KBRR about a month ago. The shape wasn't quite right for me, and he had been looking for one for quite a long time, so I figured I'd let it go to someone who would get some real use out of it

Comment

Working...
                              X