Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a strange knock on the door today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickass WR1!! Greatest Jackson design evar.

Comment

Interesting you brought up the fret board, thats one of 2 problems with the guitar.
      After i opened it (as you can see its daytime in the 1st 4 pics) i started cleaning it up and restringing it.

So i took all the strings off and got out the masking tape and wire wool and started taking off the 'non purchasing customer' rust which had been played into the frets.
      As i got toward the end i noticed a fracture in the fretboard running from the 18th fret all the way down to the serial number.

(pics for horror effect)

As you can see its not exactly grand canyon but its definately a crack, and it might have some serious implications later on. Ill post this soon in the tech threads to get some opinions.
      I contacted Fullers Vintage Guitars (the company who i bought it from) and they said "sorry, it shouldnt have left the shop like that, try your local dealer to see if they can get jackson to fix it under warranty" Or words to that effect.

So basically i dont know whether they sold me it knowingly or not (and im not the guy to start dishing out accusations) but this may need some major work down the road if not immediately.

The only other issue is a buzzing open B string which im sure is a locking nut issue. There seems to be a tread pushed in by the B string (under the clamp) which 'may' be setting the string too low so that it doesnt get clamped effectively.
      Again ill post in the right section for a suitable fix.

Comment

This is a new guitar? With cracks and rust?!? Sounds like Fuller's is passing the buck.

Comment

Its been on ebay for over a year, so i didnt expect a brand new factory model.
          I wanted to get it last year but i couldnt get any response from them when i messaged them on the auction. So i gave up and bought an RR1 instead.
          But i got some more money together and thought id have another try and managed to finally get through to them on skype (emails kept bouncing back) and managed to pay over the phone for it all. It was $2060 shipped (originally priced $2149) so i guess they took a bit off for the shop floor wear.
          I work in retail so im very familiar with this kind of thing, but the crack worries me even though at the moment it doesnt affect anything other than the looks.

Comment

I have a thinner crack like that on a used Jackson I bought which isn't a big deal. For $2000 though, I'd be furious.

Comment

If its brand new purchased from a Jackson dealer, I would bring it to a local Jackson dealer - that is absolutely warranty work. If you don't want it all, send it back to Fullers.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

How come Fullers isn't stepping up? Cause this isn't an over the top expensive model they sold?
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

Im from the uk, so they suggested sending it back to Jackson through my local dealer. They did offer a refund, which i may consider if Jackson repairs take months on end.

Anyone have any experience with warranty work?
                  Will it come back like new in a reasonable time, or am i looking at not seeing it till '11 and getting it back with an obvious repair?

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That really sucks about the crack in the ebony board. I have a crack on my board as well but it doesn't look quite like yours. Mine is a hairline crack about the same length, but it doesn't affect the playability.

Although I don't have any experience with warranty work as mine is a used '87 purchased off fleaBay. From what I've read here warranty work takes a few months but I could be wrong.

Comment

I love the guitar, but that crack would get me all twisted up inside.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                          Straycat: Do you mean the logo apparently consisting of two different pieces of MOP?
                          It's the way the light is reflecting off of it that it looks different. MOP will change when you move the guitar around.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                            Straycat: Do you mean the logo apparently consisting of two different pieces of MOP?
                            Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            It's the way the light is reflecting off of it that it looks different. MOP will change when you move the guitar around.
                            This is true. However, they are actually different pieces of MOP. Actually, IIRC, the logos are done with 3 separate pieces - J-acks-on. Pretty sure we saw pictures of the different pieces being applied, at one point. Must be a b**ch to get them to align correctly.

Comment

Interesting. I'd also imagine it's a bitch to line up, too!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

sweet guitar, id be furious about the crack, a jackson stars warrior will be my next guitar, ditchin all my strats, waitin on my kelly pro so i can start customizing it, then gettin the warrior when money allows

Comment

Working...
                                X