Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a strange knock on the door today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man sweet axe! like these other guys are saying i would get that into a local dealer ASAP. I just got my new absinthe frost RR1 and if there had been a crack like that i would of been furious.

Comment

Whoops. I missed this thread. So, did you get this chased up with Fullers? I'd be pissed off if I bought a so-called new guitar with that kinda damage. My trans black WR1 (now repainted but not home yet) has a much finer/thinner crack like this, but my local luthier has told me it's a mark that can be removed.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ouch!
        Otherwise, perfect.

I suppose something like this could have happened while in initial shipping/storage.
        I'm sure Jackson will make things right.
        It is an awesome looking work of art.

Comment

Interesting about the bussing open B. I bought a PC1 that had the same thing, and played a new USA Jackson Soloist at my local store that had it as well.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Nice guitar! Sorry about the crack though. That crack could have started during transport to the UK. If it was shipped by air, especially so. Fullers store is in a humid climate and transport to drier air in transport could have started the crack. I have issues with Fullers and I don't purchase from them anymore, so best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I'm confused. So what was in the box?
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Interesting. I'd also imagine it's a bitch to line up, too!
                Probably not; it's quite possible (if not likely) that it's done a lot like a rub-on decal. The logo isn't inlaid into the headstock; it's an overlay.

Sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Man, see-thru green looks just amazing Congratz!
                  2007 Jackson Stars RR Custom
                  2005 Jackson Stars RR Semi-custom
                  1991 Grover Jackson RR Dan Spitz Professional
                  1991 Grover Jackson RR Custom (sold)

Comment

Congrats on a great guitar!

My KV2 also had a crack like yours when it came brand new.

Comment

This is the worst thing about ebony.

I hope you sent it back. "Common" as those cracks might be, that doesn't mean it is something you should accept, or is something that is OK if it happens.

Good to know about Fuller's. They had a Soloist I was interested in... I guess I'll let some other sucker buy it. I'm not buying some place's problem guitar for a premium price and then waiting around for it to be fixed. Lame.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                        Probably not; it's quite possible (if not likely) that it's done a lot like a rub-on decal. The logo isn't inlaid into the headstock; it's an overlay.

Sully
                        Makes sense. I was kinda thinking they probably weren't inlaid.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's a beautiful guitar. The trans green is awesome.

Something I was wondering about the cracks...I've seen this type of damage on three ebony fretboards (including this one) and on all three it was in the same location.

Is there something structurally weird about this area, or is this just a bizzarre coincidence? Something specific has to be going on to cause this to happen on the top frets like this. Maybe too much internal pressure from the truss rod? I dunno, just throwing that out there.
                          The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

I was under the impression it might be a temperature/humidity problem that caused such a crack in the neck.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Sorry to hear about this crack mate. I'm sure you'll get it resolved.
                              Great guitar otherwise and I love the colour. I dont like the Invader pup though and put a BKP Painkiller in my WR1 and its perfect for it. Works beautifully with the full shred too.
                              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
                              X