No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me about my first Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, cause every guitar I've seen so far from this era did not have the tree on it. Yet they were all just one volume nob also, and mine has tone with a push/pull volume. :think:

Comment

Well, you could order anything you wanted from Jackson - push pull, whatever. Is there a circuit in there? Does it take a 9V? It could be a boost circuit.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

No and if there was then it was ripped out. I will take a photo tonight and show what it looks like inside. I think there was something else suppose to be in there, for the fact of a ground area that is on the left side of the cavity, but nothing is attached to it. Also the ground wire was spliced together to the other ground coming from the volume pot itself. It's a square shaped pot as the tone pot is round.

Comment

It doesn't sound stock - but anything could have happened in the last 20 years.

As for value - don't get your hopes up. Mint Mint Mint versions of Ontario strats are going for 700 tops - a real nice blue one on eaby this week. With that finish - who knows - you'd have to find someone looking for exactly that finish, and I can't say its particularly "hot" right now.

Actually, there seem to be a lot of Ontario strats popping up lately...
          Blank yo!

Comment

I've noticed that, everywhere I look on the web. There seems to be a handful here and a handful there. So the $200 I paid for it is a good price then?

Comment

Originally posted by thenightpoet View Post
              I've noticed that, everywhere I look on the web. There seems to be a handful here and a handful there. So the $200 I paid for it is a good price then?
              Oh yeah - $200 is a great deal. Even if you spent $500 on a refinish you've got a great guitar.
              Blank yo!

Comment

Ok cool then I don't feel so bad, like I said I've never owened a Jackson before. This is my first and I have no idea on what they run. So I am happy to know that I have a good guitar then.

Comment

Ok cool then I don't feel so bad, like I said I've never owened a Jackson before. This is my first and I have no idea on what they run. So I am happy to know that I have a good guitar then.
                  First Jackson or first guitar?

Don't depend on some idiot like me on the internet to tell you whether your guitar is good or not - it could be a USA Jackson AND a piece of shit if it doesn't play well, sounds like crap or doesn't stay in tune.
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Haha my first was a Les Paul when was 12, as far as Jackson yes this is my first Jackson. It stays in tune just fine, and shreds like there's no tomorrow. I love it

Comment

Haha my first was a Les Paul when was 12, as far as Jackson yes this is my first Jackson. It stays in tune just fine, and shreds like there's no tomorrow. I love it
                      I have a '86 Ontario strat with an intense lightning sky graphic and it's an amazing guitar. Tone for days and very articulate even with high gain. I have an old 80s JB in it and its perfect. The string retainer bar isnt stock. There really is no need for it so if ya want to remove it go for it. Mine has the behind the nut string lock just like yours. And the JT6 trem. I love it. I paid 500 for mine several years ago but that was before the market got soft and money got tight. So yeah 200 for a USA made Jackson is a steal. Nice grab.
                      Gil

Comment

Thanks Gil! You know I thought about removing the tree, but don't want to have two holes showing in the headstock from where it was. One day I will have this cleaned up more better. But with money being tight, now is not the time. I wanna go with all gold hardware and have a clear coat put over the paint after it is refinished.

Comment

Back in '88, that body option was listed as "Strat Body". Congrats!!

Comment

Thank you JDouglee, that puts my mind at ease knowing what I have now. You all have been a great help with this, I truly do appreciate all of you.

Comment

Working...
                            X