Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much are Firedman Kellys worth?

Excuse my typo in title! D'oh!

Hello, I know there are some older threads on this topic, but I'd like to know the current value of the Marty Friedman USA Signature Kelly. How much is a mint example (with the Kahler fixed bridge, single seymour duncan PU) worth? And how much is a well used/distressed example worth? What were the different model numbers of the Friedman Sig's? I know there is also a version with a Tune-o-matic bridge (KE1T?) What is the model number for the Kahler version?

Cheers
    Last edited by matt86; 06-29-2009, 04:15 AM.

The standard production model with Kahler fixed bridge is the KE1. I sold my mint trans black one a few months ago for about $1400. I think that's about the going rate for these nowadays. Black and trans black seem to be the colors that pop up more than the pearl white. Then there are the limited ones made for Marty that were trans-blue and trans-green, and were string-thrus. A green one just sold for almost $1800. I think both of those prices are lower than what they are worth, but the economy is really benefiting those who have cash at the ready. They are getting rewarded with some good deals.

IMO the trans black one on Ebay that is beat to s*** is not worth $1200, let alone the $1500 he's asking for it.

Comment

Thanks for that info JK, I had seen the one on ebay (not the best condition!) at $1299 which made me curious as to what the Friedman models usually went for at the moment. I'll keep my eye out for a better example. What do you reckon the ebay one is worth with that damage?

Comment

Originally posted by matt86 View Post
        Thanks for that info JK, I had seen the one on ebay (not the best condition!) at $1299 which made me curious as to what the Friedman models usually went for at the moment. I'll keep my eye out for a better example. What do you reckon the ebay one is worth with that damage?
        Most agreed that they would pay 900 for it. I concur...

Comment

Yeah, $900 seems fair. That one is beat more than the chips/dings that are normal on pointy guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
            The standard production model with Kahler fixed bridge is the KE1. I sold my mint trans black one a few months ago for about $1400. I think that's about the going rate for these nowadays. Black and trans black seem to be the colors that pop up more than the pearl white. Then there are the limited ones made for Marty that were trans-blue and trans-green, and were string-thrus. A green one just sold for almost $1800. I think both of those prices are lower than what they are worth, but the economy is really benefiting those who have cash at the ready. They are getting rewarded with some good deals.

IMO the trans black one on Ebay that is beat to s*** is not worth $1200, let alone the $1500 he's asking for it.
            What about his grey burst, did they ever have that as a production colour?

Comment

I don't think Silverburst was ever a production model color for KE1s. I could be wrong. I've seen two that Jack Frost had gotten from Jackson after Marty rejected them for whatever reason. One was silver burst, the other was like a purple burst. He would put black electrical tape over Marty's sig on the headstock.

Comment

I recently picked up a pearl white one, mint condition for 900$+ tax and shipping. I almost bought the trans green one from the evil bay, but I felt that the price was unrealistically high(someone else thought it was fair tho). My other ke1's I'd spent anywhere from 1000-1500$ on.
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I don't think Silverburst was ever a production model color for KE1s. I could be wrong. I've seen two that Jack Frost had gotten from Jackson after Marty rejected them for whatever reason. One was silver burst, the other was like a purple burst. He would put black electrical tape over Marty's sig on the headstock.
                  That's my favourite Jackson.

Comment

Yeah, I think JC Guitars still has that one. Here's a link:

Comment

yeah, i think jc guitars still has that one. Here's a link:

http://www.jcguitars.com/zjfsbk1.jpg
                      emg/tom

Here's my future baby:

Comment

I tell you these new Fired man sig models are gonna sell like hotcakes!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                          Cool pic. Yeah, the one at JC is definitely different than that one since it's string-thru. I think silverburst looks insanely good on the KE1.

Comment

Firedman...Freudian slip?
                            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by spivonious View Post
                              firedman...freudian slip?
                              :d

Comment

Working...
                              X