control routing for cs guitars???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• control routing for cs guitars???

how is the cs on doing custom control routing? my idea is this...

it is similar to a rr/kv routing but just a bit different. is this possible or should i stick to something more traditional?
    "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

I would carefully weigh how many knobs you actually need. Do you need to volumes and a tone? Or one volume and two tones? Will you actually use them?

Me? I'd go single volume.

Now, yes - they will do whatever layout you want, but be prepared to give them exact exact measurements as to where you want the knobs. As many here have indicated - you need to be as specific as possible when ordering a custom shop.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Do not do the knob layout like that it will kill the resale and it looks like a after thought.

Comment

What do the controls do in that layout?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
          What do the controls do in that layout?
          Get in the way and make the guitar look ugly.

Comment

Get in the way and make the guitar look ugly.
            +1 and AMEN !!!

Comment

go standard knob placement if it aint broke don't fix it.

Comment

I say do it however the hell you want it man.

It's going to be yours have it your way......
                “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.C View Post
                  I say do it however the hell you want it man.

It's going to be yours have it your way......
                  +1. If it works for you, go for it. Who cares how it looks to anybody else?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                    Do not do the knob layout like that it will kill the resale and it looks like a after thought.
                    What resale value?
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

if i am spending 3k+ on this i have no intentions on selling ever. the knobs would be two volumes and one tone. which i know i use on a regular basis. the switch is something new. 5 way for bridge full humbucking bridge split coil bridge neck combo neck split coil and neck full humbucking. i understand if some people think the layout isnt to their liking but this is my design and its what i want. thanks for the input though.
                      "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

Comment

Originally posted by kellycripp View Post
                        if i am spending 3k+ on this i have no intentions on selling ever. the knobs would be two volumes and one tone. which i know i use on a regular basis. the switch is something new. 5 way for bridge full humbucking bridge split coil bridge neck combo neck split coil and neck full humbucking. i understand if some people think the layout isnt to their liking but this is my design and its what i want. thanks for the input though.
                        I had no intentions of selling a lot of my gear but shit happens especially in todays economy.

One think I look at now is resale when specing a custom, will the options help or hurt if I have to sell it...

Safe bets are artist similar specs or standard production control layouts and specs. i.e. no fretboard scalloping unless you are doing a White strat a-la Yngvie...
                        Last edited by AK47; 07-01-2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

that's a beauty! see that layout isnt much different than what i want.

Comment

Originally posted by kellycripp View Post
                            that's a beauty! see that layout isnt much different than what i want.
                            Thats my CS King V.

Just space out the knobs a little more.

Comment

Here's a little perspective; the rout for a blade switch is about 1 5/8" and you've got two knobs in roughly that space. it looks like a cavity that was modded to add another knob, and it most likely won't be very comfortable in reality. space it out.

Sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X