No announcement yet.

control routing for cs guitars???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess you are right. back to the drawing board. the only real problem i have with the current production usa's are the floyd with no option for a fixed bridge.
    "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

Comment

The Generator is great, but there's no way of knowing if knob/switch placement will actually be ergonomic or if you'll regret it (can't reach the switch fo the knobs, can't turn a knob without flipping the switch, can't reach the knobs with your pinky for the bridge, etc).

Best advice is to get a cheap import body and start drilling holes until you find the right spot for you. Or you could stick knobs onto the surface with some kinda double-sticky tape/stuff and see where you want them. Once that's done, measure everything in relation to the bridge posts (2" below and 1 3/4" behind the bridge, etc).

Also remember that due to the shape, a standard-sized Kelly must have a San Dimas-style route. It can't take an Ontario (Soloist) route. A King Kelly might, since the body's bigger, but I've not seen a Kelly with an Ontario control route.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

wow i never knew that there were two different sizes for a kelly body. nice, well this is only the very early stages. since i plan to just pay the whole thing off at once when i place the order i have like a year or research to do. thatks for all the input everyone!
        "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

Comment

Working...
        X