Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San dimas nagel soloists?

hey everyone!
    im posting here because ive been searchinf or information concerning a 1987 san dimas (ontario ?) jackson soloist with a nagel paintjob!
    Id like to know if some of you guys heard about them, if they were good or overrated, its in perfect condition, it has a jt6 floyd and a single pickup that might be an active jackson pickup!
    heres a pic from the 1987 manual

heres some pics of the one i want to buy
    Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

the guy wants wants 900€ for it, is it reasonnable?
    anyway if you have some information or could tell me where i can find some cuz im quite desperate!

thanks!

That looks to be an Ontario Jackson "Vintage Style" Strat. It's maybe a bit on the high side at $1270 USD, although I know these are pricier across the pond. Nagels are very rare and desireable at any rate.

Comment

Originally posted by juleslacrapule View Post
      and a single pickup that might be an active jackson pickup!
      Jackson never made active pickups. They did make some active electronics that worked with the passive pickups, though.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks like the pickup ring was replaced too. It's not painted to match the finish.

Comment

hi!
          thanks for your answers!
          about the electronics thats what i thought too, theres a volume and a tone pot, any idea of the pickup model?
          As for the price, as you said, american guitars are much more expensive across the pond^^ in france where i live, a new sl2h is sold for 2600€... so i guess this one is quite cheap in comparison!
          ive heard that it was a namm show model, is that true?
          if you have any more infos...
          thanks!

Comment

I love that graphic, I remember a similar one that was in belgium but in purple- I think I have seen that one here somewhere (try searching on here).
            It looks like an Ontario to me also. I have an 87 from ontario (with a JT-6) and its built to perfection. The JT-6 still holds tune perfectly so I wouldnt worry about that. I agree about the pick up ring but it doesnt detract from the graphic that much.
            For europe that price is very reasonable - so I would snap it up if it is in good condition. If you dont want it could you let me know where I can get it!

Comment

Originally posted by salmonella View Post
              I love that graphic, I remember a similar one that was in belgium but in purple- I think I have seen that one here somewhere (try searching on here).
              It looks like an Ontario to me also. I have an 87 from ontario (with a JT-6) and its built to perfection. The JT-6 still holds tune perfectly so I wouldnt worry about that. I agree about the pick up ring but it doesnt detract from the graphic that much.
              For europe that price is very reasonable - so I would snap it up if it is in good condition. If you dont want it could you let me know where I can get it!
              yeah im quite worried about th ejt6 cuz it looks so rough!

but if ou say so, im supposed to trade it agaionst a malmsteen strat, i love strats and their sound but i suck at platying them shredding soul i guess!

anyway thanks for your answer i think ill gert this one i love the graphics and im toatlyy into 80s guitars i already have a kramer proaxe and a 85 mirage custom so i really kinda need a jackson san dimas or so!!
              any infos would still be welcomed!

thx from france!

Comment

Don't forget to post pics!

Comment

np , im supposed to get it on the 21st of july!

Comment

"yeah im quite worried about th ejt6 cuz it looks so rough!".

You'll just have to check that its in working order.. You can give it clean if its just tarnished or dirty.. The worst case scenario is that you have to replace it with a) a 2nd hand jt6, if you can find one or b) an original floyd. You could always try negotiating the price if it needs a new trem.

"i love the graphics and im toatlyy into 80s guitars" - yeah me too.

Comment

Working...
                    X