No announcement yet.

PC-1 has strange wood combination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a PC1 and an Axe FX, and they sound great together. I don't like the Super 3 in general, though (too dark and hot for me), and am planning to replace it. I am interested in your thoughts on the EVH '78. I have a couple of SD Custom 5s that I really like in other guitars, and I was thinking of getting another, but it would be fun to try something different. Maybe I'll try an EVH myself.

Comment

Speaking of EVH, the wolfgang has almost the exact same wood combination as the PC1. The only difference I think is that the wolfgang has a basswood body.

That, and the PC1 is made by Jackson, so naturally it's far superior.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonExtreme View Post
        Speaking of EVH, the wolfgang has almost the exact same wood combination as the PC1. The only difference I think is that the wolfgang has a basswood body.
        Yeah both of them are made out of wood. I guess that is almost exactly alike. I wouldn't describe mahogany and basswood as being alike.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
            Yeah both of them are made out of wood. I guess that is almost exactly alike. I wouldn't describe mahogany and basswood as being alike.
            Jack, you have the coolest looking bengal I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonExtreme View Post
              Jack, you have the coolest looking bengal I've ever seen.
              Wait till you see version II.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                I have a PC1 and an Axe FX, and they sound great together. I don't like the Super 3 in general, though (too dark and hot for me), and am planning to replace it. I am interested in your thoughts on the EVH '78. I have a couple of SD Custom 5s that I really like in other guitars, and I was thinking of getting another, but it would be fun to try something different. Maybe I'll try an EVH myself.
                My PC1 has a 78' Model SD in it & it sounds incredible!!!

Comment

Originally posted by srommes View Post
                  While the Super 3 in the PC1 can be a little dark sounding, it is nothing out of the ordinary or that can't be remedied with a quick p/u swap. Trust me, I've played Suhrs, Andersons, Tylers etc. and the PC1 holds its own against any of them for about 1/3 or more less the price.
                  My experience was exactly the opposite, the PC was cool but none of the pickup positions
                  had much clarity to speak of, compared to my Suhrs & Tylers. Perhaps I could have done
                  more pickup experimentation, but I didn't feel called to put more money into it. The neck
                  was very cool though.

Comment

Working...
                  X