neck heel differences on SL-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck heel differences on SL-1

Just found this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEAR-MINT-USA-JA...3A1%7C294%3A50

... but when looking at the images on the mother website, there's no "cutaway" heel. I prefer the cutaway. What build year/serail number range should I be looking for to get a Soloist with that cutaway design?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

They changed the heel design a couple times through the years, but I don't know why exactly.

And "killer blue lightening graphic"

Lightening graphic? Does that mean the color gets lighter, from light blue to dark blue?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks purple to me, but irrespective, this has now got me wondering whether other USA models went thru the same changes in neck heel.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The original USA Production Soloist (1990-1993/4) had the sculpted heel. By 1994 this was reverted more closely to the mid 80's style without the sculpt, as it remains to this day. The Jackson Warrior was very similar, although the sculpted heel was not as pronounced on the originals as were the Soloists. The USA Production Rhoads never had the sculpted heel. I believe those were the only Production neck throughs until the King V joined the ranks, and like the Rhoads, it didn't have the sculpted heel either.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
        X