No announcement yet.

Show your USA Soloists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "One thing I find interesting about the 1983-85 log sheets is all the mom-and-pop stores in out of the way places that were selling custom-shop Jacksons at the time. A lot of them were made for Guitar Center, which was only in California at the time, and Sam Ash, but you also see places like AL&M in Norfolk (my J0726), Apple Music in Portland, Akron Music, Marshall Music in Michigan (my J0456), etc. Musical instrument retailing was a lot different back then, eh? Many of those stores are still around, but when you go to their web sites, they all sell cheapo starter crap almost exclusively."

That's the damn truth about Akron Music. The original down-town store always had 30-40 San Dimas era CS pieces on hand,and later USA's up until 1994. I think I remember seeing the purple/black checkerboard SD shown several pages back there at one time. If that is the one I think it is I played it. I eventually bought a black 2-hum with the dotted fretboard that was eventually lost in a fire from them,and a bunch of other gear.

Last time I was in their new location in Cuyahoga Falls,it was basically a Guitar Center. Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

• Hi Guys, This is one of my soloists, a '91... It got scratched up way back, so I redid it and made it a magick guitar

Last edited by nemo13; 05-20-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• That looks great. Is it gold leaf or some kind of crinkle paint?
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Cool axe, Nemo!! Can you translate some of the writings?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Thanks guys, yeah, its goldleaf. Some of the writings are old Latin:

“Ex oblivione sicut desideratur, quicumque dignus fuerit” or: “From oblivion as desired, whomsoever be worthy.”

And another: “Vos obtestor, o spiritus digni, ut per manus meas concipiatis id quod facere cupio. ” or:
            “I conjure thee, o worthy spirits, to conceive through my hands that which I desire to do.”

The rest are wheels of the seven days, notes and planets of the days, etc... Its actually a 'real' magic guitar, I follow the ritual over 6 months, under the pickup is a chamber with an incantation /etc crazy stuff, ;-P

Comment

• Nice, I recommend goats blood to lube the tuning machines.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by nemo13 View Post
                Thanks guys, yeah, its goldleaf. Some of the writings are old Latin:

“Ex oblivione sicut desideratur, quicumque dignus fuerit” or: “From oblivion as desired, whomsoever be worthy.”

And another: “Vos obtestor, o spiritus digni, ut per manus meas concipiatis id quod facere cupio. ” or:
                “I conjure thee, o worthy spirits, to conceive through my hands that which I desire to do.”

The rest are wheels of the seven days, notes and planets of the days, etc... Its actually a 'real' magic guitar, I follow the ritual over 6 months, under the pickup is a chamber with an incantation /etc crazy stuff, ;-P
                Does all of that magick stuff make you a better player?
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

• Nice, I recommend goats blood to lube the tuning machines.
                  :idea:

Does all of that magick stuff make you a better player?
                  Maybe. It's intent was a few things; If your hands are guided, it just may help you out, or open doors (this gets a little deep with magic, music, harmony, etc.. too much to go into history and all that) or you could have a demon chase you around your amp. I keep it in a display case I've made, weird shit was happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemo13 View Post
                    Its actually a 'real' magic guitar
                    As opposed to fake magic? Reminds me of when im at the tattoo shop and someone says they want a "realistic dragon"...
                    THE ABSENCE- "Enemy Unbound" in stores Summer 2010!
                    THE ABSENCE- "Riders Of The Plague" in stores world-wide!
                    THE ABSENCE- "From Your Grave" in stores world-wide!

Comment

• As opposed to fake magic?
                      Um, yes... Is there another way to look at it? This was done in accordance to all things related to ceremony. This was not merely a nice paint job on a guitar, this was 6 months of preparation for this kind of work. The heart of the electric guitar is the pickup, in this chamber is the real workings and blah.. (pic below) where I placed the final work underneath, then placed the pickup, you can see here the 'altar' it rests in. It was a unique project if anything... Dare to be crazy!

Last edited by nemo13; 05-20-2010, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• That. Kicks. ASS.
                        Ratt & Roll

Comment

• That guitar belongs in Bill's basement next to his throne hehe.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Last edited by Slavik27; 05-30-2010, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ihave27frets View Post
                              As opposed to fake magic? Reminds me of when im at the tattoo shop and someone says they want a "realistic dragon"...
                              :ROTF:
                              I like EL34s.

Comment

• Originally posted by RunDMC View Post
                                My turn

My Turn Too

Comment

Working...
                                X