Show your USA Soloists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazrim,
    Your '07 Jackson Custom Snowblind Soloist......well.......I just can't stop looking at it!
    That's one incredible looking guitar. I love white guitars.

I'm in the process of ordering my FIRST Jackson......a SL2H. a great guitar.
    Now if I could only decide on the color!

Oh.....my FIRST post!

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
      No. The action is absolutely top class. There's nothing fighting against you, if you know what I mean.
      Its a joy to play.

This is my first experience with a Jackson Custom shop and I'm blown away to be honest.
      Now that I can see YOUR pics, I see this isn't exactly like the one I saw...

Your bridge is recessed, this one isn't.

Comment

Sorry, when I said no I meant that the Floyd is recessed on my guitar.

Thanks Greentele and welcome.
        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I LOVE that white one too!

Actually, this thread has taught me something: Soloists are awesome!

Jay.

Comment

Here's my black SL1...

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
              Yeah, its a "Snowblind" Custom shop Soloist. They did a limited run of 30 of these babies a couple of years ago. I tried to capture the wonderful pearlescent paintjob in the 4th pic but its hard.

One of, if not the best guitar I've played and one of those axes you just find yourself staring at for longer than you thought.
              I had to lose an RR24 and my beloved Model 6 to get it but it was worth it and then some. Looks like an Angel, sounds like a Devil. More like a customised SL2H (with black binding, EMGs and no sharks) than an SL2.

I'm in love and we're very happy.
              I have the same guitar being built by the Custom Shop right now! The only differences are it's a String-Thru (like an SL2HT), different pickups (but they're white aswell!), and I requested no battery box. Can't wait for it to be finished! Should only be a week or so.

Anyway, nice score man! Your's is gorgeous! Congrats!

Comment

Cheers, dude. I bet you cant wait until yours arrives. Sounds a great spec.

Love that black SL1 on the previous page. There's something reassuringly classic about a black Soloist. I'm sure its my next purchase if I dont manage to save enough for the Suhr modern I want.

Comment

Originally posted by maggo View Post
                  As posted in JGP:
                  J5977 has arrived.

If Jackson offered maple boards on all it's soloists. That axe is lovely!

Comment

Sl2ht

My Childrens
                    -------------
                    Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
                    Lefty RR1T trans black
                    Lefty Sl2HT trans black
                    Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Heres my Burnt Cherry

Let go, let Guitar

Comment

really nice guitars guys. I do have to say that IMHO of the newest Jacksons the Snowblind really captures the feel of the old 80's models the best in terms of appearance (from all angles). I can't say exactly why but when you see it you say yep, that's a Soloist. I think maybe the chrome trem actually accentuates the
                        "authentic" look. You couldn't always get the color you wanted if you were buying
                        and providing the Floyd (yourself) to Jackson. All these things are sweet. great thread. keep pix coming.
                        Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                        98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                          Now that I can see YOUR pics, I see this isn't exactly like the one I saw...

Your bridge is recessed, this one isn't.
                          Interesting. That one also has creme binding.

Comment

Binding nibs, too. It looks like someone spec'ed it out "old school" with the nibs and the non-recessed Floyd, chrome hardware, etc.

Comment

I'm inclined to think that one with the non recessed bridge and cream binding is a custom order rather than one of the Snowblind custom run.

Comment

That one I posted has a build date in '07 if I remember right. Could it be a "mistake" from the Snowblind run? Or maybe someone missed out on that run and ordered one very similar... Hard to tell.

Anyway, I saw it listed as "new" on Ebay. Don't think the guy is a real dealer, either. Also didn't sell first time around, so he re-listed it... At a higher price. :think:

Comment

Working...
                                X