How much is a JCF RR worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is a JCF RR worth?

I'm interested in one but was wondering what its worth and whats the fair price for them?

Thanx.
    Krank Addict

Not to long ago there was a board member trying to sell one. I don't know if he ever did or not ~ but if he hasn't you could try the search function.
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

they seem to sell for about 2 grand, +/- a few hundred from time to time. Excellent guitars. What number are you looking into? I had #12.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I believe #12 is on Ebay for a BIN of $2500 right now.

Comment

^^^
          Yep. That's the one. That's why I asked.

Originally posted by sully View Post
          they seem to sell for about 2 grand, +/- a few hundred from time to time. Excellent guitars. What number are you looking into? I had #12.

sully
          So Sully, that used to be yours?

Is that a decent buy for $2500?
          Krank Addict

Comment

It's one of only 25 made. You be the judge.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I really like these guitars and always wanted to have one I just didn't know if they were worth 2500 since I rememer seeing one for sale a while back for 1700 or 1900, I should have grabbed it then.
              Last edited by sonic gihad; 07-04-2009, 08:57 PM.
              Krank Addict

Comment

Originally posted by sonic gihad View Post
                ^^^
                Yep. That's the one. That's why I asked.

So Sully, that used to be yours?

Is that a decent buy for $2500?
                Yes, it was mine. imo, 2500 is too high for it, but that's me. It's been for sale a few times since I sold it in 2002, but I think that it's not selling because of price. Great guitar, and there's times when I thought about buying it back, but never really had the scratch. iirc, most of them sell for just under 2k. As far as that particular guitar goes, it's not mint, and had quality issues that made me send it back to Jackson. They corrected almost everything but there's a couple of finish issues that would have required a total refin to resolve. I chose not to do that. There was also a 2" scratch in the brass control plate (came that way from the factory). Unless it's been replaced or buffed out, it's still there.

If you do decide to get it, get ready for a thick neck; like 59 les paul thick.

Sully
                Last edited by sully; 07-05-2009, 11:14 AM.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

And if you're one of the billions of people who haven't had the luxury of playing much less owning a '59 LP, it's like a baseball bat. Do some chords your own wrist and you'll have a rough estimate of the neck size
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    It's one of only 25 made. You be the judge.
                    Slight correction Newc, counting the three prototypes there were 28 made These have really thick necks yet they don't play as if they are thick. Its hard to explain but they are thick yet extremely comfortable to play. I have the first prototype and its a killer guitar!
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                    X