No announcement yet.

CS order - scale length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't go out on any limbs, i have no solo breaks haha.
    Double Rhoads "Vader" Custom.
    Double Rhoads "Empire" Custom.

EVH 5150III Head and Cabs
    ISP Decimator Pedal
    Sony Wireless Systems
    Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

Hey Matt any chance you can drop by canada when youll get this one!New place with a new guitar! here in montreal I cant stop wondering when you guys are coming over...saw warbringer so many times but warbringer is no evile...by the way after seeing the video for trasher I got myself a gun metal grey kv2! hey do you have any discount with jackson being an endorsee?
      I wonder what it feels like to have money...

...ahhh fuck it guitars are better!

Comment

You know a warmer sound may be an amp problem instead of a custom guitar you could of looked into a warmer amp 6505 are rather cold
        "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

try a hughes & kettner switchblade or maybe just get a marshall!...h&k is still better but with marshall you can fuck up the letters and write "mars"

Comment

Matt, you could run 10s on a 24.75" and preserve the string tension you've now with 9s on a 25.5". I'm running 12s in Eb on a 24.75", and it feels as 11s in Eb on a 25.5" or 10s in E on a 25.5" and so on. It's all a matter of balancing the gauge to desired tension.

Rule of thumb is that for the same tuning, 24.75" will have strings heavier by one gauge. That means that if you were to follow it, 11s on shortscale would feel similar to 10s on longscale in E, as would 12s short to 11s long in Eb, 13s short to 12s long in D, and so on. It's not cast in stone, but generally that's the agreed concept.

If you find the neck rather long, you could try out a shortscale guitar in your local music shop to see how your hands will feel the fret spacing before buying a different scale instrument. If you've small hands like me, you might like that, or if you like more of a stretch at low registers and a looser, spacier feel at the top frets, you might prefer the long scale. It all comes down to preference, and the string tension issue won't be a problem with you after trying a heavier set of strings on to see how that feels.
            Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
            Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
              You know a warmer sound may be an amp problem instead of a custom guitar you could of looked into a warmer amp 6505 are rather cold
              solved that problem, i got a dunlop mxr 10 and spent a full day playing with it in the effects loop, got it sounding bloody beautiful, it's a wonderful toy!

ISP Decimator Pedal
              Sony Wireless Systems
              Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
                Matt, you could run 10s on a 24.75" and preserve the string tension you've now with 9s on a 25.5". I'm running 12s in Eb on a 24.75", and it feels as 11s in Eb on a 25.5" or 10s in E on a 25.5" and so on. It's all a matter of balancing the gauge to desired tension.

Rule of thumb is that for the same tuning, 24.75" will have strings heavier by one gauge. That means that if you were to follow it, 11s on shortscale would feel similar to 10s on longscale in E, as would 12s short to 11s long in Eb, 13s short to 12s long in D, and so on. It's not cast in stone, but generally that's the agreed concept.

If you find the neck rather long, you could try out a shortscale guitar in your local music shop to see how your hands will feel the fret spacing before buying a different scale instrument. If you've small hands like me, you might like that, or if you like more of a stretch at low registers and a looser, spacier feel at the top frets, you might prefer the long scale. It all comes down to preference, and the string tension issue won't be a problem with you after trying a heavier set of strings on to see how that feels.
                thanks sir! just the kind of answer i was looking for, i had planned to bother my local shop and blitz through all their stock....

ISP Decimator Pedal
                Sony Wireless Systems
                Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

Originally posted by metalvince333 View Post
                  Hey Matt any chance you can drop by canada when youll get this one!New place with a new guitar! here in montreal I cant stop wondering when you guys are coming over...saw warbringer so many times but warbringer is no evile...by the way after seeing the video for trasher I got myself a gun metal grey kv2! hey do you have any discount with jackson being an endorsee?
                  we're dying to get back to canada, we only did the west side last october so we're aching to get over to montreal, toronto, vancouver etc... hopefully later this year or early next! good call on the KV2, you enjoying it?

ISP Decimator Pedal
                  Sony Wireless Systems
                  Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

Originally posted by EvileMatt View Post
                    we're dying to get back to canada, we only did the west side last october so we're aching to get over to montreal, toronto, vancouver etc... hopefully later this year or early next! good call on the KV2, you enjoying it?
                    ohh yes I am used to play esp/ltd but always knew jackson usa was the best thing I could ever get and as far that is true.Im now jackson all the way!Oh and for montreal theres an open air in june next year maybe check it out its called heavy mtl, We had motley crue and iron maiden in headliners for the first year. You guys would really rock this stage!

Comment

Working...
                    X