Au Natural PC1 - any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Au Natural PC1 - any recommendations?

Hey everybody, I've liked the PC1 forever and hope to pick one up one day. The chlorine finish has always caught my eye but lately I've really been digging the Au Natural finish. I know that there have been a few small changes in the PC line over the years. Are there any years that you think are particularly good (or not as good) for the Au Natural? I've heard people talk about the finishes and fretboards differing a bit from the older models to the newer ones and wanted to see what you guys had to say. Are there any other things I should be aware of as I keep an eye out for one? I figure between 1K and 1.5K is about the average going rate depending on the condition used, right? Anywhere other than eBay or the classified section here where they may pop up? Thanks so much for the info!

Brian

I just scored a mint used one for under $1300, arrives monday. pre-fender so it has the 'ugly' headstock, but i dont really care. i have a few strats and charvels with the fender headstock so having something a little different is a nice change.

i think mine is a 2001/2002. I have heard the pre-fenders have nicer looking finishes due to them using a different type of paint, but i have nothing to compare that to. Plus they are notorious to photograph well to show the tops - so its hard to compare just by photos. photos generally do not do justice to these guitars

pic:
    Proud endorser of:
    Steve Clayton Inc. http://www.steveclayton.com
    GLS Audio http://www.glsaudio.com
    Orange County Speaker http://www.speakerrepair.com/

Comment

Originally posted by zookroo` View Post
      Hey everybody, I've liked the PC1 forever and hope to pick one up one day. The chlorine finish has always caught my eye but lately I've really been digging the Au Natural finish. I know that there have been a few small changes in the PC line over the years. Are there any years that you think are particularly good (or not as good) for the Au Natural? I've heard people talk about the finishes and fretboards differing a bit from the older models to the newer ones and wanted to see what you guys had to say. Are there any other things I should be aware of as I keep an eye out for one? I figure between 1K and 1.5K is about the average going rate depending on the condition used, right? Anywhere other than eBay or the classified section here where they may pop up? Thanks so much for the info!

Brian
      I have a new one in the store that I would be happy to talk to you about....
      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Sweet find maltomario! You'll definitely enjoy that one!

Jacksonite, looks like you've got some great stuff. I don't have the cash laying around for a brand new guitar right now, but thanks for the link!

Comment

Working...
        X