NGD: Jackson Y2KV Mustaine signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Jackson Y2KV Mustaine signature

I used to own the final Y2KV prototype that Dave Mustaine used live for some years. I sold it away when I got the Megadeth logo KV but I really started to miss the comfortable feel and resonant sound of this model. Anyway posted a WTB add a while back and Brett was kind enough to offer this guitar to me.

Regular production model Y2KV. It took me a long time to start liking the looks but specs wise these guitars are masterpieces and it's no wonder they spent several years doing prototypes to get everything right. The balance is amazing!

I got the guitar today while making our band video so I decided to add a short clip of it...
    Jeff Waters, the multi-talented leader of the legendary metal band Annihilator, will be mixing and mastering the new DoF EP tentatively titled "Generation Of...

You can see me opening the case for the first time.
    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

A fine example of the breed. All I can say is I envy your collection.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Did you get it shipped from the USA? I know of a few Bretts so I am curious.

I could not find anyone willing to ship a Y2KV to Europe for less than 500 US dollars

Lots of people wanted to buy mine but shipping cost too much.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
        Did you get it shipped from the USA? I know of a few Bretts so I am curious.

I could not find anyone willing to ship a Y2KV to Europe for less than 500 US dollars

Lots of people wanted to buy mine but shipping cost too much.
        Brett Coleman from US. He shipped it with Fedex Economy. I guess his employer has an account or something. I actually emailed you about your Y2KV but never heard back. Do you still have it?
        My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RR0849 View Post
          Brett Coleman from US. He shipped it with Fedex Economy. I guess his employer has an account or something. I actually emailed you about your Y2KV but never heard back. Do you still have it?
          Long story on that I could not find any cheap shipping to Europe. Sorry for not replying I thought you may have seen the posts in the classifieds regarding me having difficulting finding shipping to Europe at a decent rate.

Comment

Probably one of the best playing/sounding guitars I have ever owned.
            Jeff Smeltz

Comment

Good stuff man , guitar looks cool. good luck with everything!

Comment

I always thought they looked best with the clear finish - very nice.

Comment

That is so sweet. They look so badass without the goofy graphics Mustaine had on his. (Actually only recall the American Flag one...)
                  "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I think that this guitar would look even better with reversed pointy headstock(like bucketheads coopwood y2kv),but this one is also killer
                    proud member of Jackson guitars fan club

Comment

Didn't take me any time to start liking the looks. That is sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by T0M= View Post
                        I think that this guitar would look even better with reversed pointy headstock(like bucketheads coopwood y2kv),but this one is also killer
                        +1
                        That coopwood V is the best. But this one is quite metal in its own right
                        As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

Beautiful axe dude! Nice score!! I've been looking for a Y2KV as well, but when you're looking they never seem to pop up LOL. These pics just made my GAS that much worse

Either way, sweet axe man!
                          - Adam

Comment

Working...
                          X